engine no. 9

"So, you're leaving my safety in the hands of the guy who tried to kill me?" 

"Bellamy! Check it out. we want the Ark to think that the ground is killing us, right? Figured it'd look better if we suffer a bit first." Murphy taunted, holding a girl's head close to the fire as she screamed in terror.

Get off of her!" Beatrix cried out, struggling against Bellamy's restraining grip pulling her to his side as Wells tackled Murphy to the ground, releasing the girl.

"You can stop this, Bellamy." The girl almost begged

"Stop this? I'm just getting started." Bellamy spat back, arrogantly, as he watched Murphy beat Wells to the ground, who had no means to defend himself. The girl loved her brother but he had to be the most egotistical cunt she'd ever met.

"What the fuck Bellamy?" Beatrix exclaimed, shaking his hand from her shoulder before intervening.

"This'll be fun." Murphy smirked as she pulled him off of Wells' body and retaliated, striking his face before smashing it into the ground. He was stronger than Beatrix but she was always smarter.

Murphy flipped her over, seizing her by her hair and slamming her head into the ground, mimicking her earlier actions. "Copycat," she mumbled, struggling under his relentless grasp.

He then tightened his grip, his hand smacking her face forcefully. "You like it rough, baby?" he murmured while wrapping his other hand around her throat.

"Yeah, actually, I do," she choked out, managing to force her knee into his crotch, causing him to groan and release his grip. "She smirked, delivering a series of powerful punches to his face until he stopped resisting, turning her attention back to Bellamy.

"Don't you see you can control this?" Wells cried, "Come on, man." Another kid mumbled, trying to get Bellamy to stop the fight, but his eyes were filled with excitement, he enjoyed the chaos.

"Beatrix!!" She heard an alarmed scream and turned, only to see Murphy standing, holding a blade.

"You're dead." His infuriated expression sent a wave of adrenaline coursing through her body, she feared John Murphy, but somehow she didn't hate the feeling.

"Wait." Bellamy intervened, and she felt relief knowing that she would probably lose if she kept going. "Fair fight," he declared, handing her a blade. She shot him a glare of disbelief but ultimately picked up the blade, her breath trembling with uncertainty.

"You scared, Blake?" Murphy taunted, watching her jaw clench in anger. He took pleasure in her suffering, just as much as she did in his.

"Never. Just excited to put you to death." she smirked, trying to hide her anxiety. The tension grew thicker, and Wells got in the middle of the two, attempting to end it. Instead, Murphy lashed out, slashing Wells.