sixteen ♡

I was practically born with a spatula in my hand, destined to whip up dishes that would make your taste buds do a happy dance. Thanks to my grandma, I can whip up the most amazing, smothered chicken you've ever dreamed of, and don't even get me started on my three times baked mac and cheese. Picture this: layers upon layers of gooey, cheesy goodness, with not one, not two, but like three or four different cheeses playing a flavor symphony.

Now, let's talk about that mac and cheese. It's like a secret mission. The trick? You've got to get that perfect kind of burnt. Not like charcoal black, but that magical level of toasted that sends your senses into a frenzy. The kind of burnt that's like a flavor explosion in your mouth. It sounds easy, right? Well, let me tell you, it's a culinary tightrope walk, and I was determined to master it.

Imagine me, standing in my grandma's kitchen, flour all over the place, and her guiding me with a grin that's a mix of mischief and love. "Honey," she'd say, her voice all warm and soothing, "you gotta feel the food, let your instincts guide you." So, there I'd be, stirring and mixing, trying to channel my inner culinary wizard.

But that mac and cheese dance? Man, that was the real challenge. The heat, the timing, the whole magical equation of not-too-burnt and not-undercooked. It was like chasing a unicorn. But with each attempt, each batch that came out of the oven, I could feel myself getting closer to cracking the code. And let me tell you, those "almost there" bites were like tiny victories that fueled my determination.

There's something about cooking that goes beyond just food. It's like crafting a spell, weaving memories and emotions into every bite. When I serve up that smothered chicken and mac and cheese – with the perfect amount of that elusive burn – I can almost feel my grandma's approving nod, her laughter echoing in the kitchen. It's like our love for food, for flavors, and for each other, all passed down through generations.

Life's a wild ride, isn't it? Twists and turns that take you to places you never saw coming. My story's like that – a tale unfolding in chapters that toss aside my past and embrace a whole new world. Gone are the days of grandma's recipes and cooking escapades. Instead, I've stumbled into a realm of creativity that sets my heart ablaze – crafting, painting, and planning my way through life.

Let's talk about my ambitious attempt at recreating grandma's culinary wizardry. Spoiler alert: it was like trying to catch lightning in a jar. My kitchen escapades turned into a comedy show. But her lessons? They stuck with me, woven into my heart. Those recipes? More than just food. They're a taste of cherished memories, a connection to my roots.

A neon sticky note for my wall screams today's motto: "Rise with resilience, shine with strength." I scrawl those powerful words, and they join a colorful mosaic of inspiration on my wall. Each note tells a piece of my story – the ups, the downs – reminding me of how far I've come.

Sunsets cast a warm, golden glow, hinting at the promise of the night ahead. Tonight's the night – my art's taking center stage. Belmar's streets are decked out with fancy glass-fronted stores, a dreamy haven where artists display their soul's work. I've walked past those windows countless times, imagining the day when my creations would be there, inviting the world to take a peek into my heart.

One night, there was this guy. We met through that notorious app, and our plan was simple: catch a movie at Belmar. But here's the twist – it spiraled into a sensory overload. Dude smelled like a walking perfume factory, and yeah, it sounds harsh, but it was a headache in motion. As his hand brushed mine, it should've been sweet, but the scent kind of killed the vibe.

And wait for it, he got bolder. His finger traced my thigh, and I was done. Seriously, who does that? It's like the moment guys get a glimpse of my tea, I turn into some otherworldly creature in their eyes. Suddenly, I'm not just me – I'm an exotic fantasy...a fetish they can't resist chasing.