eleven ♡

"Hey." The moment almost took me by surprise as I nearly collided with Bryan, my heart yearning for something thrilling and new. But just as quickly as the excitement had surged, doubt crept in. Maybe it was all a simple glitch in the app that made me think Peter was right outside my tent. My former interest in Bryan seemed to have dimmed like a fading light, leaving me wondering if I hadn't been making my feelings clear enough. There we stood, locked in a silent gaze, both lost for words.

The night had grown chillier, and I wrapped myself up in my cozy cardigan, dressed in my bluest overalls with my hair pinned up in a bun. My nerdy glasses sat comfortably on my nose, adding a touch of studious charm. I had always believed in the power of manifestation, and maybe I had manifested Bryan's presence in my thoughts too well. He seemed impossible to shake from my mind, no matter how hard I tried.

His infectious grin lingered in my thoughts, and I found myself drawn in as he took my hand and gently caressed its surface with his thumb. I pressed my lips together, trying to regain my composure as my phone vibrated in one of my oversized pockets. "What's up?" I managed to say, trying to keep my voice steady.

Bryan shook his head, his gaze intense. "Have you been hiding from me?" he asked, taking a step closer, his chest just inches away from my hand.

As Lindsay's laughter echoed through the air, the buzz of excitement surrounded me. But beneath it all, my mind was trapped in the memory of that unexpected kiss. It was like he had this magnetic power, tugging me back into his world, even when I tried convincing myself that I didn't care. My heart had its own agenda, and I found myself tangled in confusion.

Why couldn't he just be honest about his feelings? The uncertainty clawed at me, demanding answers. I knew I couldn't ignore it any longer. The time had come to face the truth head-on. I needed to talk to him, to lay my emotions bare and not let this undefined connection linger in ambiguity. It was only fair to myself and to him to be open and clear.

With determination, I decided to take a leap of faith. No more holding back, no more dancing around the truth. I would be that girl who bares her soul without apologies. It was time to let go of the mixed signals and reveal my feelings, unapologetically.

Just as I was getting lost in my thoughts, Nea appeared, breaking through the haze. "It's time for Truth or Dare! Are you guys ready?" she announced with a playful grin.

Her enthusiasm was infectious, and I found myself drawn to the bonfire, where everyone, including Bryan's brother, had gathered. The night was alive with possibilities, and the warm glow of the bonfire added to the thrill.

We found a cozy spot on a massive log, and the music surrounding us set the perfect vibe. The crackling fire and the scent of burning wood added to the ambiance, making the moment feel magical. I absentmindedly shuffled my sneakers on the gravel, trying to shake off the butterflies in my stomach.

Bryan took a seat next to me, casually draping his arm around my waist. However, as I glanced over at Lindsay, her glaring eyes seemed to pierce right through my soul. What was her deal, anyway? It's not like I asked for this attention.

Thankfully, Nea sensed my unease and handed me some gum with a comforting smile. The watermelon flavor brought a refreshing distraction, which I gladly welcomed.

Stephanie stood up, her body swaying to the rhythm of the music. "Okay, so who's going first?" she called out, clearly eager to get the game going.

Bryan couldn't help but smirk, adding to the intrigue. "Let's just go clockwise," he proposed with a mischievous glint in his eyes. "Which means, Xena should go first."

Xena, with a playful glimmer in her eyes, shot a quick look at Stephanie. "Okay, but am I going first to ask the question... or are we mixing it up?"

A chuckle escaped my lips as I replied, "Well, this just got more complicated and exciting at the same time."