Chapter 22

* Kyler *

" Chris , I really don't feel like going . I don't feel good " I explained .

" Well see that's why you should come . I know your pregnant " He demanded , having a tight hold on my arm .

" I thought we already came to an agreement that I wouldn't do anything I shouldn't do while pregnant until I get the energy to go out and really find out " I said .

Chris groaned " Why are you so difficult ? "

" Shouldn't you be tending to your pregnant wife ? " I asked . I thought he had a life outside of me .

" Can you help me up ? " I asked since he dragged me out of bed .

He lifted me up and threw me on the bed " Thanks " I sighed .

" Dad , can I get some money ? " King came in asking .

" Why ? " He asked .

" For me and my girl tonight "

Chris tossed him a band
" It's time for you to get a damn job "

" Mom said I can't cause I have to focus on my
studies " King rolled his eyes .

Chris sucked his teeth " Focus on graduating high school . You not 18 yet so we will continue to take care of you therefore we will continue to give you money King " I explained .

He shrugged and left . I wanna see my grand baby .

" Have you seen Simone since what happened the other night ? " He asked .

" No , haven't even heard about her " I shrugged " She's not my issue . The topic is so irrelevant , I don't even remember what went down " I shrugged .

" So you don't care about how she was raped and shit ? " He asked .

" Of course I do . I feel completely bad for her but I don't see why she's pinning that on me . I didn't pick your foster family . I didn't rape her and do any of that shit to her . Her resentment should be pointed towards the people that actually did this " I explained .

" Mm " He said .

" Chris , why are you always here ? " I asked .

" Can I ask you something ? " He asked laying on his back in my bed , staring at the ceiling .

" What ? " I asked .

" Are you hurt that I'm married to someone else ? " He asked , " And don't lie . Lets be real with each other right now "

" I'm always real for one . But I mean yeah , I guess . I bet you'd feel some type of way if I were to get married "

He frowned and shook his head " Naah , I'd be happy for you "

" Wow , I miss you too Chris " I sarcastically smiled .

" Not like that Ky . I couldn't provide what you needed in a relationship , and if another man could then I'm happy if you're happy " He said .

" Well how do you expect me to be happy for you if you did me wrong . You're the bad guy here but you get to move on and be happy while I'm left in the dust with 3 kids and no one . How do you expect me to be - "

" That's the point .... I don't expect you to be happy for me " He kissed my forehead and left me pondering on my thoughts .

* Kyla *

" Leah , help me find pickles " I said scanning the isles .

" Daddy told me to never touch anyone's pickle " She said .

I shook my head laughing knowing exactly what type of pickle she's talking about .

" You need help shorty ? " I heard a man ask .

" Thanks " I heard Leah say .

I turned around and saw a man helping Leah get a jar of pickles .

I smiled " Thank you " I said .

" Hey , you look familiar " I squinted my eyes .

" I think you'd prefer it that you don't know who I am " He said then walked off .

Whoever he was , he was cute and since I'm single as fuck , my eyes are always open .

" Mom , that man dropped his wallet " She said handing me a brown leather wallet .

I opened it up and saw an ID with his address on it .

" I'll return it when we get back home " I said putting it in my pocket trying not to look suspicious . The last thing I need is for people to think I'm a thief .

I purchased our groceries and went home to drop them off .

I called Kyler " Is it okay
if I drop Leah off for a little while ? " I asked .

" Of course " She said .

" Alright , we're on our way " I said then hung up . I needed some me time by myself and I know zyana probably wants some female company .

I dropped her off then looked at the ID .

His name is Ryan and he's 38 , my age .

I typed his address in the GPS and drove there .

I saw a silver Honda Accord in the driveway . What he said before he left had me thinking .

I think you'd prefer it if you didn't know me

" Who is he then ? " I asked myself .

I knocked on the front door . I heard a dog bark and the door opened .

A Siberian husky was standing at the door with Ryan I guess .

" You ? How'd you find me ? " He asked kinda shocked .

" Oh , you dropped your wallet in the store and there was an address so I came here . You're Ryan , right ? " I explained .

" N- Yeah , of course " He said and I handed him the wallet .

" Thanks . Would you like to come in for a bit ? " He asked .

" Sure " I smiled and walked in taking off my coat .

" Would you like something to drink ? " He asked .

" Fiji ? " I asked .

He nodded " Fiji Wiji " We said at the same time .

I furrowed my eyebrows
" Sorry , that was - "

" No it's fine . It's just that one of my old ex-boyfriends use to say that " I shrugged thinking about him .

He handed me the bottled water " Who was he ? " He asked .

" His name was Lester "

I saw a twitch in his face
" You know him ? " I asked .

" I don't know . He sounds familiar " He said looking like he was really thinking .

" Oh well anyway . For the 1st year of dating , everything was perfect . But something switched inside him . He started getting abusive . I finally got away from him after almost a whole year of abuse and I haven't heard of him since " I said sipping on my drink .

I was really in love with him back then , I thought to myself .

" Sounds like an asshole . I hope he got what he deserved " He said and I nodded in agreement .

" Well thanks for the talk and the drink " I smiled .

" No problem " He said .

" I'll call you " I smirked .

He looked confused " Your number was in your wallet " I said .

He smiled " Well I'll be waiting for that call " He licked his lips and I blushed walking away .

I feel like I just left my high school boyfriend's house .