Chapter 14

* Kyler *

What he pulled out had surprised me , shocked me , and had me straight out confused . " What the fuck Chris ? Where you get that ? "

He scoffed " You should know . Came from your side of the closet , stuffed in YOUR shoe . Fuck you doing with cocaine Kyler !? " He questioned .

" Chris , that's not mine , I swear . I don't know how that got there " I panicked . Had I gotten so high and not remember getting it ? But no one can get so high off weed and not remember something as big as that . Or was my shit laced ? Or was someone trying to frame me ? So many questions rambled through my head , I couldn't even think straight .

" Bullshit . I don't believe yo ass . Did you do this to relieve stress or some shit like that . Kyler , you had fucking crack around my kids man " He said .

" Chris , I'm telling you I ain't do shit like that . Do I look like I want to be a crackhead ? Do you think I wouldn't be scared of what would happen like this ? " I said referring to the mess he created from blowing up .

" Let's go " He said grabbing his keys .

" Where are we going ? " I asked .

" Just come on " He said dragging me by the arm .

We arrived at the clinic . " Chris are you crazy ? If I take a drug test and pop it , I'll lose my career " I said snatching from his grip .

" Well if you ain't do no drugs , you ain't got shit to pop . Besides , my friend works here and she'll keep it on the low " I hesitated but began walking behind him .

" I need to see Miss Brooklyn " Chris said to the front desk lady .

The lady said something into the phone and shortly , a short mixed woman appeared in front of us " Chris , I thought you'd never call " She smiled and hugged him around his neck .

" Definitely more than a friendship Chris " I said crossing my arms .

" It was when we were off , shut up . Brooklyn , I need a drug test that never happened " Chris whispered looking into her eyes and she slightly nodded .

We followed her into a private room and she covered the camera . " Here , pee in this " She said handing me a cup . At the corner of my eye , I saw her look me up and down and I returned the gesture .

Mad cause I got yo nigga bitch ? I peed in the cup then cleaned myself up and walked back into the room and locked the door .

" Alright , it's gonna take a few minutes " She said hooking the cup up to something . It was too much awkwardness and tenseness going around in the room especially cause I know he had sex with her .

" So how long have y'all been together ? " She asked .

" 20 years " I replied quickly including the years we were dating in high school " On and off . We're on right now " I said gesturing to our wedding ring .

" Aww . Congratulations . How long have you guys been married ? " She asked .

" 14 years " I replied .

She furrowed her eyebrows and widened her eyes but quickly changed her expression . That had just confirmed that this woman was the 5th girl he slept with when we were married . Another 10 steps back .

We just took 2 steps forward the other day and 20 steps back in total today . When are we not mad at each other nowadays ?

" Alright . The test reads that you failed " She said .

Chris got up and just walked out " Thanks " I said following behind him .

" Chris - "

" Shut the fuck up "

I shot my head back " Nigga , who the fuck are you talking to ? Would you let me fucking explain . I popped the stupid ass drug test cause I smoked a few blunts before I went to the spa the other day . That , I ain't gone lie about but I'm not a crackhead . That's all I have to say so your girly ass can stay mad cause I don't give a fuck " I snapped getting in the back seat .

If he couldn't trust me and my word that has no history of lying then fuck him . I have been nothing but honest and faithful ever since we were initially together and this nigga gonna try and make me out as a liar . Either he accidentally put it there and forgot about it or some motherfucker was in my fucking house .

And I was gonna get down to the bottom of it . Not because I didn't want Chris to be mad at me but because I wanted to know who the fuck tried to play me .

Chris got out the car and went inside while I just sat and thank in the car .

* Chris *

Kyler's ass he'd me bent . She one self-centered ass person . She need to look at shit in my perspective . First , you're alone and depressed . Second , I know you already do marijuana . Third , I find cocaine hidden in your shoe . And Fourth , you popped the drug test . Like how the fuck does this not look good ?

I received a call from Bee but I rolled my eyes and ignored the call . Minutes later , Kyler still hadn't came in and Bee sent me a text

Look , I have some important shit to tell you and if you don't answer this fucking phone , Imma tell everybody Ariana ain't their cousin - Bee

I sucked my teeth . This bitch always tryna blackmail people . I called her back and she answered. " Where the fuck is my money Chris ? " She answered .

" Your money !? The money I used to send you was supposed to go to Ariana but everytime I fucking see you got some new shoes or a new bag and Ariana still rockin the same shit . I ain't giving you money to try and make you look fly it's to take care of my daughter and if you ain't putting the money towards that then fuck you " I ranted . I was already pissed and this excuse of a mother was making it 100 times worse .

" Well fine Chris , you leave me no choice . I'm putting you on fucking child support . AND imma tell your family who the fuck we really are " She. Yelled before she hung up .

I slammed my phone down on the coffee table . I sighed , why can't Bee be more like Nia ? I mean damn . Her sister won't even like that either . This demented bitch gon' make me strangle her .

" Daddy , can you take me to Kam's apartment ? " Yana asked .

" Keyana you got gas money for that shit ? " I asked .

" Does it look like I work ? " She asked putting her hand on her hip .

" Do I look like a taxi driver ? Why don't you walk and get some damn exercise ? " I said to her .

" Is that a yes or no ? " She asked .

" Why don't you just go live with them niggas . I'm getting tired of y'all lil bad ass kids anyway " I said and pinched her nose before walking away .

Hopeful,y she got the message that that is a no . " Where's mom ? " She mumbled .

" Go do your homework ! " I yelled after her

" I don't do homework on weekends " She yelled back .

" Well you do if my belt says you do " She groaned and stomped back up the stairs .

The reason I didn't want a girl .