Chapter 20

* Kyler *

" I don't think I'm pregnant " I told Honey .

" What you mean ? "

" It's been 2 months since I suspected it and my stomach is still flat . Trust me , I'm not pregnant " I said .

It's been 3 months since everything has been settled . I am now 39 and Chris is turning 40 next year with his old ass . KJ turned 2 . King turned 17 and yes , still currently lives with me . In a few months until Yana turns 13 .

But overall , life is better .

" Awww you look so pretty " I said fixing the flower in Yana's hair .

She rolled her eyes . " No phones " I said snatching them out of King and Kam's hands " Man , I'm a grown man " Kam sucked his teeth .

" But who paid for this ? " I asked giggling .

" We really don't want to be here " King groaned .

" I thought y'all were doing fine . Why aren't y'all together ? "

I ignored Yana's question " Look , if you don't support this wedding , support your father being happy . I don't agree with this marriage but I will always support Chris and y'all should too " I explained .

It was time for everyone to take their places . Kam was the best man . Keeis and Mijo were the grooms . Some of Yvette's family were her bridesmaids .

I got a front row seat along with King and Yana in the sectioned part of the family .

The music started playing and Yvette's brother , I think , walked her down the isle and handed her off to Chris .

After the preacher said what they had to say , they finally kissed , confirming their marriage . I began crying . But other people and even myself were questioning if they were happy tears or regretful tears . I can't believe I let him slip away . I can't believe I let Yvette get what she wanted from the beginning , and that was Chris .

Did I let this happen ? Or was this god's plan from the start ?

[ 1 month later ]

Things were going smoothly , back to normal . I guess you could say I'm happy . Physically , I was , but deep deep down inside , I know there was still some damage .

Today , I was gonna meet King and Kam's girlfriend . I was a little confused that I was meeting them at once but if that's what they wanted to do , then I'm down . So of course , I'm making this big ass meal cause it's gonna be Me , Chris , Yvette , Kam , King , Yana , Honey , Maya , Kyla , Leah , Kam's girlfriend , and King's girlfriend . I guess you could say me and Yvette are cool . We're cordial because of family , but we could never be friends .

I started pulling up extra chairs to the table because there weren't enough to begin with . The doorbell rang and Yana got up to get it . It was Honey and Maya .

" Hey boo " I said giving Maya a hug .

" Hey Aunt Ky " She smiled then started talking to Yana .

" Wassup bitch " Honey said .

" Hey hoe " I smiled giving her a hug .

" Speaking of hoes , what is she doing here ? " Honey asked referring to Yvette .

" Chill , Chris invited her . I mean that is his wife " I shrugged not really caring where she was .

" Yeah , but this shit is a FAMILY gathering " She said family loudly causing her to look over .

" Bitch , be nice " I said and answered the door .

" Hey ma " Kam said .

" Hello my son " I said kissing his cheek .

" I don't think I officially introduced you guys . Mama , this is my girlfriend Tiara . Tiara , this is my mom "

" Nice to meet you Miss Kyler " She shook my hand .

" Call me mama Ky " I smiled and hugged her while KJ was in her hands .

" Gimme my grand baby " I said reaching to him and grabbing him .

He rubbed my face and laughed . I kissed his cheek . " Well people are still coming so you can have a seat "

As soon as I was about to walk off the doorbell rang again . I groaned . " I got it " King yelled jumping over the couch and answering the door .

I threw my free hand up . Damn , he got it . He threw his arm over a young lady and closed the door with his foot .

" Ma this my - "

" I can speak for my self " She cut him off smiling , " I'm Belle , King's girlfriend . It's nice to meet you Miss Kyler "

I don't know if I should think she's disrespectful or independent by introducing herself . " Belle ? hmm . That name rings a bell " I said thinking .

" I hope you don't mind that I brought my cousin along . She's like my sister / mother . She basically raised me from when she was 11 when our moms ditched us " She explained .

" That's no problem we have plenty of food " I smiled .

" Okay well she's in the car getting the cake " She said and I nodded .

" Okay , everybody gather around the table " I found it rude that Chris nor Yvette came to meet his son's girlfriends like damn , making it seem like I'm a single mom . Well I kinda am , I guess .

The door opened and closed " Oh Uhh , meet my cousin Simone . Simone this is Mama Kyler ..... " I tuned out the rest of the people she introduced .

Me and Simone locked eyes and couldn't break our stare . Was this the same Simone that was supposedly Chris' daughter too ?

No wonder , this all makes sense now . I remember Belle , she's Dacia's daughter and Simone is Ashley's daughter . Memories came flooding back . I remember the 2 of them in my kitchen crying cause their mothers abandoned them to me . I remember signing them off to another family . I felt bad but I couldn't handle another child after I already had Kam and King . That was a stressful era in my life . It seems like all eras in my life were stressful .

I decided to shrug it off . Maybe I have something on my face and she doesn't remember . I mean we saw each other like 12 years ago .

We said our prayers and started digging in . Me being the mother , it's time for me to start digging in to these girls too . Tryna see what they about .

" So Tiara , what do you do for a living ? " I asked .

" I actually work with Kameron " She said . I looked up and Kam gave me a look . So she's his trap queen .

" Oh okay and what about you Belle ? " I asked .

" Right now , I work at the mall . But I'm in medical school right now " She said .

" Very nice " I complimented .

Tiara - 0 , Belle - 1

" So you're just gonna act like you don't know me ? " Simone spoke up .

" Excuse me " I said taken aback .

" You're just gonna act like you didn't abandon me just like my mama did ? "