8.

🖤Raven Aurora Moore🖤June 21st,2013| Paisley Park Chanhassen MN

June 21st,2013| Paisley Park Chanhassen MN

 There aren't too many places in this world where I feel protected

There aren't too many places in this world where I feel protected. Even in my own home back in Encino, or as I like to call it the show home.

When I brought the place I wanted it to be my escape from the pressures of being a celebrity, but like most things it was turned into a stage.

People were constantly in and out of photoshoots, and live recording.

It wasn't a home it was just another stage.

I know the only reason I am here in Minneapolis is that they needed me out of the way long enough to do a sweep.

Emptying my place of all alcohol and whatever drugs they could find I am also sure they've given Angel the booth trying to prove a point.

They could turn that house upside down and still not find everything I had so many damn spots in that place you'd think I was El 'Chapo or some shit.

I was thirteen the first time I met Prince, going through artist development in case you don't know musical artists don't just pop right out the gate swing.

I had to go through dance classes, singing lessons, and music lessons, had to learn how to deal with tough questions for when I started to do interviews.

My artist development was something trying out new sounds and looks everything the label thought might work for when I made my official debut to the world.

I had a steady fan base but I needed to be put through the fire to get to the level I am at now.

Anyway, I've been an admirer of Prince since I was a kid, I've studied his career, and the best way to put it, Prince, to me is like Michael Jackson to Chris.

I had been working my ass off trying to write and make the right songs but nothing was sticking nothing was going to get my name on the charts and keep it there we all knew it.

Somehow Jordyn got my music into Prince's hand, and he summoned me to Paisley Park.

I thought it was just going to be a normal meet hi, I am an admirer of your work and move on.