28

CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT AURELIA
"What's wrong, sweetheart?" Elias asks, I sigh then cough exaggeratedly, feeling my throat dry and a headache clear through the back of my head.

We came back early this morning, Vera and Angelina are at their houses, but right now, I'm still in the car with Elias.

"I think I'm sick," I admit sincerely, my head feels a hundred times worse than before, and the racing thoughts running through my mind aren't helping in the slightest.

He slows down then parks, I blink away my exhaustion and close my eyes to rest for a beat, Elias apparently shifts in his seat because I feel the movement, he places a hand on my head, "You're hot." He says.

I smile weakly, "So I've been told." I mock, even though my eyes aren't open I can feel his glare, "Not the time for your sarcasm, Aurelia." He warns and I sigh, "That's my way of surviving." I state calmly, my voice cracking.

I'm probably sick because of yesterday since it was extremely cold and none of us had clothes that are enough to warm us, the fire wasn't enough apparently, I sigh and then blink.

Opening my eyes as I turn my head, staring at Elias whose expression is now full of concern, "I'm taking you home." He says and I nod, too tired to fight him on this.

The ride is quiet, and calm, which I'm thankful for because I don't need noise right now, my thoughts continue escalating to a direction that I don't like, but I recall yesterday's memories.

The feeling of his lips on mine, his fingers in my hair, his chest against mine, his muscles beneath my fingers, it was all too much, thing is, I still don't feel an ounce of regret at the bottom of my stomach.

Moments pass and my brows furrow as I look around, "That's not...my home." I state in realization, my eyes flit around to the luxurious gates and I groan.

"You're kidding." I mutter under my breath, "That's the only way I'll be able to take care of you." He protests firmly, "You don't have to take care of me, I'll just go sleep in my bed." I explain, If I sleep then everything will be fixed.

"I want to." He insists and I sigh, guards are everywhere in front of us as if an attack will be thrown at an energy drinks company owner, we drive for a while until we arrive in his garage.

My eyes widen as I take in the number of cars around here, the Ferrari I complained about lies here too, a Tesla, a Maybach, and three motorcycles lie beside them too, Jesus Christ, I don't even realize that Elias exits the car until I find him opening my door.

I embrace myself with a breath and stand up, exhaustion spreads through my bones and I rub a hand over my face, trying to wake myself up, but Elias's hand on my waist startles me.

I raise an eyebrow, "I can walk perfectly fine." I state when I realize that he wants to pick me up in his arms, he narrows his eyes, "I genuinely don't care." He protests and I glare, and just when I'm about to talk he picks me up all in one go.

With one arm, quite literally effortlessly, my lips part in shock, and I squirm, "I'll make you sick too—now no one will be able to take care of the other." I'm not sure if he's some kind of a person who would get sick from me being this close but I'm just stating excuses.

"Sounds cute." His voice is devoid of caring about any of what I just said as he starts walking, I sigh in defeat and just let myself use the situation to rest since I'm on the edge of collapsing, I'm probably not.

But it feels that way, I don't know how long it takes until I find myself lying on the bed slowly, the soft black silk sheets surround me and I look around, this is definitely Elias's room if my memories aren't dead.

I spread my arms as I find a blanket spread over my body and I tug it closer, watching Elias who stares at me with an expression I've never seen before, but I don't have the will to try and find what it is.

I yawn, and then my mouth stays open a bit when Elias gives me his back and takes off his shirt, I try not to gawk and fail miserably. If he looked good with his tight compressed shirts on, then he's looking absolutely delectable with nothing on.

The hard ridges of his muscles aren't only cut, but they're also defined like he spent time sharpening every ab, He has a few beauty moles at his side too, tattoos spread over his body, some are just snakes, others are words in different languages.

It's a sight to behold, I don't know how long I continue staring but I just know that all the way while he gets dressed back in sweats and a jacket, he's aware of my staring, it'd have been almost embarrassing if I wasn't too caught up in myself right now.

The images that taint my mind are—just sinful, that's the only word that does them justice, fuck, I'm not gonna lie and act as if I've been innocent my whole life but no man got me imagining shit like that.

"You're enjoying what you're seeing, Sweetheart, aren't you?" He lets out a low chuckle, my cheeks flush, but I try to meet his eyes without cowering, "You stare at me all the time." I say in defense, he raises his hands innocently, "Yeah, but when you do, I prefer pointing it out." He states as if I'm not aware.

"Yeah, your ego feeds off your arrogance." I don't know if that makes sense but I just say it, he rolls his eyes before concern starts itching its way back through his expression.

"We need to get your temperature down, but first we need to know how high it is." He states and walks towards his closet then retrieves a thermometer, I eye it, "I'm not putting this inside my mouth." I protest but he uses the chance of my lips parting as I talk to shove it in my mouth.

I choke but his look makes me stay in place, I widen my eyes as I try to speak through them, he arches a nonchalant eyebrow like he's enjoying my suffering, the asshole.

My eyes start drooping as the silence stretches around us, he retrieves the thermometer after what feels like an eternity, "Thirty-nine, you're dying, Aurelia." He deadpans, and I raise a brow, "Did I rub off on you with my dramatic traits?" I tease.

"Maybe." That's all he offers as he stands up, "Did you just agree that I'm dramatic?" I gap, he turns for the slightest bit, a tight smile stretched over his face, "You're proving that you are, it's not an insult, sweetheart." He explains and I narrow my eyes in a glare.

He has a point, but I'm not about to admit that.

He continues ruffling around in his drawers and the silence doesn't help with my exhaustion, that at some point I don't even realize that my eyes flutter close.

*: ❦ *:

"Open your mouth for me, Aurelia." Elias's familiar-edged voice makes me blink a couple of times, eyes slowly focusing on the image in front of me, I do as he says and he places a pill on my tongue before placing a glass of water in my hand.

I slowly straighten and gulp it down, "How long have I been asleep?" I ask, and even though it feels like a lot, the headache and the way my body is full of sweat is making me disgusted, "You didn't entirely sleep, you were out and in it every now and then." That makes more sense.

"What time is it?" I ask, he places the rest of the pills on the nightstand, "It's midnight." He explains and my lips part, I slowly squirm out of the blanket, "You've been awake for all of this?" I question, shock coursing through my body.

His thumb grazes my cheek, the shine in his eyes telling me the answer, before he slowly leans toward me, placing a soft gentle kiss on my temple, I suck in a breath at the gesture.

"Your temperature is down." He says and I nod, throat bobbing as I clear it, I feel better if we're excluding the sweat prickling all over my skin, "You can take a shower if you want." He states, observing my expression.

I contemplate it, "Okay, thanks." I let out awkwardly and he stands up, and walks toward his closet before retrieving an oversized shirt which I assume is his, he places it on the bed beside me, I eye it and sigh then stand up.

It's crazy how things went from constantly bickering and fighting over the slightest things to him taking care of me while I'm sick and lending me his clothes while I shower in his bathroom.

Lovely.

A vote is really appreciated.