03

CHAPTER THREE AURELIA
Two weeks passed, and I was forming some kind of a routine around here, his friends didn't actually come as much I'm really thankful for that shit, and when they did I just ignored them and stayed in my room.

However, I had a bigger problem right now, It's my first day at this whole new university today, and I still didn't find any work to get money from, but I have some left.

However, I need to find a job asap though,

And since I'm an extremely organized person, I'm currently drowning in my bag that has been laying on the couch in my room for the past two weeks to find a decent outfit to wear today because I was too lazy to place them in the closet.

It's currently five am, so I'm not exactly in my right mind, but a white tee and some sweatpants are enough for today, I sigh as I grab a pair of socks and start undressing.

I take a look at the long mirror in front of me, swallowing hard as I stare at myself, it's always been a challenge to look in the mirror, that satisfactory feeling never rushed through my body anytime I did so.

I'm thin, my mother says I'm bony even, to an extent though, but I wonder why the fuck I'm like that, I try to brush away the thoughts and just focus on pulling on my shirt, I'm okay, I'm okay, I repeat the mantra in my head as I clasp the zip of my baggy jeans I'm wearing and walk towards the drawer, then snatch my hairbrush.

My hair is tangled in each other, making this the cherry on top of this extremely cheerful day, my long blonde hair descends in somewhat dry waves along my back, so adorable.

I look in the mirror for the last time, feeling the tightening of my chest as clear as ever, the long-sleeved shirt hangs along my waistline, which is fine I just hope I don't get cold, I grab some makeup and place it in front of me.

Applying some of it, I'm not the greatest person to do makeup but I'm slowly starting to learn, it's fun, I just hope I don't waste all my money on it, I sigh in a bit of satisfaction.

Blush and mascara shouldn't be too much on my first day, It's not as if I want to stay calm and alone there, without attracting any attention around me, but I genuinely need to get used to the environment there first.

I sigh once again, then abandon my makeup brush, holding onto my cross-bag for dear life as I hope that today will be a great day.

*: ❦ *:

I take another sip of my coffee, staring at the professor who's been explaining something I didn't pay attention to for the past hour, however, I'm thankful cause I've been recording this session.

I have another class after this and then this day will be over if I'm not mistaken, it's not bad, definitely better than what I expected, my thoughts get startled as I continue searching for my pen that seems to have disappeared for a while.

"Here." A feminine voice makes my head snaps in the direction of it and my eyes meet hers, I take the pen from her and smile, "Thanks." I say, smiling widely as I clutch the pen in my hand.

"I'm Anna." She says softly, her voice low so that we don't get scolded probably, college doesn't feel very different from school in that aspect  if we're being honest, "Aurelia." I say.

"How many classes do you have left?" She asks under her breath as she continues fidgeting with her fingers, "Uh probably one, but I hope they're not more 'cause I need to sleep asap." I protest lightly and she smiles.

A dimple makes an appearance on her cheek, making her look cute, she has short black hair, round red cheeks, and a welcoming comforting look that floats in her brown eyes.

"I have Photography after this." She adds, complaining as she dramatically rolls her eyes, I think I have this tomorrow, "I have Portfolio." I say, the names of classes around here are a bit off but I'll probably get used to them.

"It's already the beginning of the semester and I don't have any energy." I huff out a breath and she smiles further, nodding, "I understand." She says, "Miss. Jones." The professor's harsh tone pulls us away from the ongoing discussion as Anna's eyes widen.

"Yes?" She lets out in a low tone, clearing her throat as she cracks her knuckles, anxiety is clear behind her gestures, "I'd really love to be a part of this important conversation." The woman banters and I sigh, Anna's cheeks redden as laughs echo around us.

"Just ignore them," I mutter under my breath trying to comfort her as she sits back down, huffing out a breath, she smiles tightly and relaxes further when the professor goes back to what she was explaining.

Minutes later, the period is over and I thank god internally as I stand up, grabbing my bag, and when I turn to talk with Anna, I find her leaving the room at an incredibly fast pace, uh, okay, that's weird.

I start walking out in the hallway, headphones in as music roams in my ears, the coffee is still in my hand as I take a sip from it, and just when I'm about to pull it away from my face I bump into someone.

I gasp, feeling the hot liquid dripping on my white shirt, "Can't you open your eyes? Who the hell are you?" A high-pitched voice meets my ears, and my eyes snap to the source of it, a blonde short girl, stands with a hand on her hip as she looks up at me.

My lips lift upwards in disgust as I narrow my eyes in a malicious glare, "You're the one who bumped into me." I protest, my voice not at the same yelling tone she's using, her brows snap upwards as if she's surprised I replied. And just when she's about to take a step towards me, another girl steps between us.

"Veronica, stop being a brat and just leave." Another girl joins, and my eyes snap to both of them with confusion at why they're defending me, the girl seems like one of the popular ones around here, I thought that shit ended in high school, Jesus.

The girl continues bickering with them before strolling away moments later, they both turn to me, "Ignore her, she's a snarky bitch." One of them says, rolling her eyes as she runs a hand through her perfectly styled black hair, she stares at me for a beat, extending a hand in my direction,

I shake it, "Uh I figured, she's one of the mean annoying girls or something?" I banter and the other girl nods instantly, "I'm Vera." She says and I smile, so the brunette is Vera, great, my eyes land on the dark-skinned girl waiting for her to introduce herself, "Angelina."

I nod, smiling wider as I speak "I'm Aurelia." I say lightly, clutching my bag as I throw what's left of the Coffee in the nearest bin, looking down at my shirt, "I can lend you a shirt, girl, I carry 'em for shit like that." Angelina says and I sigh in relief, "That would be great." I exclaim and she smiles softly as we all start walking.

Vera is mostly silent but I assume she's just shy maybe cause it's our first interaction, "It's not your first year?" It comes out as a form of question as we all enter the bathroom, "No, we're in third year." Oh, so they're both older by a year.

"I'm in second." I say, feeling at ease as Angelina grabs a spare shirt from her backpack, placing it in my hands, "You'll find a lot of people like Veronica around here." Vera says lightly, sighing.

I get inside one of the lockers, taking off my dirtied shirt as I slip on Angelina's mint green one, it's cute, long-sleeved too, when I get back outside, I find them waiting for me,

Anxiety prickles at the bottom of my stomach suddenly but it vanishes when Vera speaks softly, "Why don't you come to sit with us at the Cafeteria until your next class?" She says and I grin, excitement rushing through my body as we all start walking.

Maybe it won't be so bad after all.

A vote is really appreciated.