10

CHAPTER TEN AURELIA
"Take this, it'll help with your headache." Dylan passes me a pack of ibuprofen, thankfully, he doesn't ask about the source of that headache.

I need to set my rules straight with this fucking family that I'm no longer a kid, but it feels as if I'm talking to a brick wall, "Thanks." I offer lightly as I welcome the medicine with open arms, swallowing it down with water.

It's now 2 am, due to last night, I woke up in the middle of the day apparently, I still have two hours before my shift starts since I'm a night bartender, I'm slightly thankful for that because my sleeping schedule is extremely fucked up.

So I'll probably use this to study a bit, since it's still the weekend, I won't need to worry about college for today, "Aurelia." My brother's voice makes my movements pause as my eyes flit to him, brows furrowed as I wait for him to speak.

"You didn't eat anything, you should eat." He offers, surprisingly, my brows jump to my hairline as I absorb his words, if I remember correctly, he's supposed to make me watch my diet, and diet according to mom means starving myself so yeah this is a bit shocking.

My expression must give it away because he sighs, "I know that mom said that I should watch your diet or whatever that shit is, it's not happening, eat whatever you want, Aurelia, the kitchen is all yours, I'm not gonna starve you." He assures forcefully, his words hit hard because my vision blurs, eyes glassing.

It's actually the first time I ever feel like he cares about me, it uncontrollably makes a smile spread on my face as I nod, "Thanks." I offer and his brows deepen together, "You shouldn't thank me for this." He says and my surprise continues growing.

Is my brother getting character development? Maybe, who knows, "Aurelia." He says again and I pause, "Rowan and Silas will be over here in a minute just so you know." He says and I close my eyes momentarily.

Pinching them as I regret my whole life existence, "They technically live with us." I groan, but I don't offer more words as I walk inside the kitchen, he watches me from the couch, "You're starting to like them." He insists and I actually contemplate his words before instantly shaking my head.

Not in the slightest, maybe I don't hate them, but there's no likeness towards them, okay, maybe Rowan, but other than him, I despise Silas and Elias, which makes a question pops up in my mind, "Where's Elias?" I ask and he narrows his eyes in suspicion.

I roll my eyes at his reaction, slightly not surprised but still annoyed, I open the fridge, retrieving an apple, I wash it and bite down on it, "You're eating an apple for breakfast? What the fuck, Aurelia?" He protests.

"It's just a warm-up." I lie, grinning as if that's the truth, he absorbs my words and then nods, "Elias is with his father, they're on a business trip, he'll come later tonight though." He says and my brows furrow.

"His father is rich?" I find myself asking and he nods, "Uh huh, Gabriel Romano is the owner of a company that sells energy drinks, I don't remember the name, he told me about it hundreds of times but my memory is a bit—disturbed." He explains and I sigh, enjoying his company more than I thought.

But that's the thing with Dylan, one moment we're having a normal, even loving siblings relationship, and the next we're fighting like we're a divorced couple, it's annoying but still, it doesn't lessen my love for him, unfortunately, it'd have been so much easier if I just didn't care.

Everything would've.

"He gives off the vibes but I didn't think he's that kind of rich." I don't know why I'm so intrigued by this but I like that my brother isn't getting some wrong ideas right now, but he almost looks as if he will so I switch to someone else, "Is Silas like him too?" I ask, not an ounce of interest spiking in my body as I finish my Apple.