23

CHAPTER TWENTY THREE AURELIA
"Ohmygodohmygod." I slur under my breath as the cold hair hits my face, I put my hands on his waist, but his body shoots up and then comes down hard, sparking the motor to life, and I don't need him to tell me what to do right now I've seen it numerous times.

I wrap my arms around him and put my head down behind his back, but I'm nervous as hell. I' w never ridden on a motorcycle before, but the excitement rushing through my body is bringing me back to life too.

"Don't let go." He demands, his voice stern, "Wouldn't dream of it." I mutter under my breath, I tuck my feet up on the footrests and squeeze him tight as we shoot off, kicking up gears and picking up pace.

This is even faster than any car I've ever ridden, or maybe it's just the wind that's gushing in my face, He veers left, turning around the square, and the bike leans so far, I think we'll tip over.

A scream rips from my throat, "Can you slow down a little bit?" I yell, "Please?" I add, my tone still high pitched, But once we round the corner, he speeds off, shooting to warp speed, and I yelp, locking my arms around his body and squeezing him between my thighs.

He chuckles lowly, "It's not funny." I hit his shoulder and I breathe out harshly, slowly getting used to the high, "I don't feel like I'll survive." I mutter sincerely, a laugh slipping out from between my lips.

"Don't worry, Sweetheart." He shoots back, voice holding a hint of a smile I swear, "Soo....Do you always ride it that fast?" My words end with a high-pitched scream when he turns around another time.

He chuckles, the sound too distracting, "Yes, don't try to act as if you're not enjoying it, Aurelia." He emphasizes and I roll my eyes, "It's...different than anything I felt before." I admit, it's sending a completely new feeling rushing through my body.

"The dangerous tic, the risk, the possibilities, the excitement." He explains exactly what's going on in my mind before he fastens off his pace so suddenly I scream again, tightening my hands around his waist, feeling the hard ridge muscles beneath my skin.

"The freedom." He adds, "Breathe, Sweetheart." He orders and it takes me a beat before I absorb his words, I breathe out, tipping my head over as the wind gushes away my long hair.

I smile, laughing, and laughing, feeling Alive for the first time in so so long.

*: ❦ *:

"I didn't plan—on this." I choke out as we enter Elias's house, my eyes flit around, waiting for his voice to hit my ears, we got off the motorbike ride about an hour ago, and he insisted that we'll spend the rest of the night together.

"I'll tell the rest of them to come over if it'll make you comfortable, you're worth the headache, Aurelia." He arches a brow as he closes the door behind him, his firm words make a smile spread uncontrollably over my face as I face him.

"It's not that I'm not comfortable with you—but I just don't know." I sigh exaggeratedly, annoyed by myself, he stares at me, searching my features for a response, "Tell me what you're thinking, sweetheart, Don't tune your thoughts away from me." He says, taking a step towards me.

"Can't you feel it?" I ask, feeling my throat clamping down, he tilts his head, his finger tucking a blonde strand behind my ear, "Feel what, Aurelia? Say it." His voice turns into an unnerving whisper that makes my throat go dry, the words stuck somewhere inside it.

"This." I barge a hand between both of us, gesturing from me to him, "I feel it." He admits and I suck in a breath at his words, the intensity of the moment makes me stumble backward, taking a wobbly step.

Corrupted hearts || 1जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें