Chapter 16

Ira's POV

"The number you are calling is currently unavailable. Please try again later."

This is the 10th time I tried calling Eva. Why wasn't she picking up? My meds were almost over from the ones I told Sid to take. And I wasn't going back to work till tomorrow. I would prefer not having to see my devil of a husband until I had no other choice.

I guess I could just go to her house. But what if Adrian is there? 

I look down at my watch and see that it's 5 pm. He probably doesn't come home until late.

The nurse had given me a loose yellow colored full sleeves blouse which I was thankful for because it covered all of my bruises and marks. But the sweats she gave were too loose for me and lay below my waist. I had put on my old undergarments because she hadn't given me any but they had dried blood on them. 

I got into my car and drove to her house. The lights in the house were mostly off which should be a good thing because guests probably weren't over. 

Just when I was about to pull up to the gate, I saw someone stepping out of a black rolls Royce near the entrance of the house. I couldn't see the mans face but based off his figure.. Omg it was Adrian. 

Following behind him was a lady who was carrying a suitcase and other files in her hands. Her outfit gave off strip club vibes with the revealing neckline and too short dress. I hope Eva wouldn't see her. He was on his phone and turned his head for a few seconds in my direction and I saw his light brown eyes scrunched up in anger as he spoke. 

He walked up the main steps up his house, with the lady trying to keep up with his pace in her 5 inch heels. 

Without thinking twice, I dialed Eliases number. He picked up on the 2nd ring. 

"Ira I'm bus-"

"Not now Elias. Have you heard from Eva recently?" 

I heard papers rustling in the background as he cleared his throat. 

"Well, it's been a few days. If she hasn't gotten back to you, she's probably just busy with her work. Give her a day or so."

"I'm outside her house."

"Look I know- Your WHAT?? Are you messing with me? This isn't funny Ira-"

"I'm serious, Elias. I think somethings going on. I want to make sure she's okay. But Adrian's here now."

"Ira listen to me for once and don't go there. I'm not in town right now and it's going to be a while till I get back. Adrian isn't a safe man to be around and you know how close he is with Aryaan."

"He's my new boss, Elias. I have to meet him tomorrow anyway."

"Who is?"

"Aryaan."

I heard cursing in the background before he told me he had to go and hung up.

Welll that was awkward. 

At least I had my fake identity and I guess I might as well use it and see if I am able to bypass it. 

Reaching to the back of my seat I pull out the red wig I have and some other supplies. Thankfully it was there since my last assignment. 

Changing my look, I drive the car ahead and put in the code as the gates start opening. 

I was just hoping that this would all be worth entering one of the devils dens.