15

I woke up the next morning today was rest day as they had a game tomorrow. I was still angry at Phil but I knew I couldn't hold a grudge against him. I sat up to an empty room and the light on in the bathroom. The bathroom door opened and phil walked out shirtless brushing his teeth.

"Oh my god put a shirt on." I said covering my eyes.

"What?" He laughed. "You cant tell me you don't Like what you see?"

"I don't like it." I stated.

He went back into the bathroom and I laid in bed on my phone.

*the messages*
Chloe: did you survive day 1?
Me: yeah abt that.. no. It's a long story but I can't explain it rn cause Phil is in the bathroom.
Chloe: WHAT?! Did you...
Me: GOD NO CHLOE!!!!
Chloe: okay okay good just making sure okay have a great day lovely
*end of messages*

I sat on the edge of the bed, my arms crossed tightly over my chest, staring at the floor as Phil walked from the bathroom. I couldn't bring myself to meet his eyes. The memories of yesterday's disappointment still lingered in my mind, a heavy weight that was impossible to shake off.

"Yn," his voice reached me, cautious and apologetic. "I know I messed up yesterday, and I'm truly sorry."

His words hung in the air, mingling with the tension that seemed to thicken around us. Sorry? How could a simple apology erase the hurt I felt when he couldn't explain what happened and made me fight he ex? I wanted to believe him, to let go of the resentment that had settled in my heart, but it wasn't that simple.

"It's just that you left me broken for hours, Phil," I finally spoke, my voice a mix of frustration and hurt. "You don't tell me what was going on and then you fight your ex with my arms?. You let her kiss you."

My eyes met his, the tears that had threatened to spill now shimmering in the corners. His shoulders slumped, and I saw a glimpse of regret in his gaze. "I understand that, and I wish I could take it back. I never meant to hurt you."

His words were like a double-edged sword, cutting through my anger and frustration while simultaneously tugging at my heartstrings. I watched him closely as he took a step closer, his hand reaching out to brush against my arm. I didn't pull away, but I couldn't let my guard down just yet.

"I want to make it up to you, Yn," he said, his voice sincere and pleading. "I want to show you how much you mean to me."

I bit my lip, torn between holding onto my anger and the yearning to mend what was broken. Could I really forgive him? Could I let go of the pain and give him another chance? My mind raced with doubts, my heart battling between skepticism and the hope that things could get better.

"How?" I asked, my voice softer now, a hint of vulnerability seeping through.

"I'll think of something," Phil suggested, his eyes locked on mine. "Something that's just about us, where we can reconnect and make new memories."

His words echoed in my mind, and for a moment, I allowed myself to imagine a future where we could move past this, where the hurt could be replaced with love. With a hesitant nod, I finally replied, "Okay, but this is your last chance, Phil."

His eyes held mine, determination burning bright within them. "Okay."

As his hand reached for mine, intertwining our fingers, a flicker of hope ignited within me. Maybe, just maybe, we could find our way back to each other, rebuilding the trust that had been shattered. With a small, fragile smile, I squeezed his hand gently, silently communicating my willingness to give us another shot.