4

We are currently into day 4 of camp. Everything has gone alright so far. I still haven't spoken to Phil since well, you know. I don't know if I can find the courage. I mean what if he hates me or finds me annoying now.

The boys are all training so I decided to go outside and watch. I stood leaning against the fence around the pitch, my eyes following wherever the ball went, well until I caught myself watching just one person.

Phil.

That's it. Im talking to him when they're done. I need to clear the air otherwise im going to feel like shit the rest of the month.

I watched the rest of training and was amazed as their passes were precise and smooth as they glided across the grass. It's also really impressive of how dedicated they all are.

After a while they all walked off into the change rooms. I thought it could be my chance to speak with him but I held off a bit and decided to just wait. I sat on the kitchen counter and just scrolled on my phone until I received a notification from a group chat. A new unfamiliar group chat.

*the messages*

Mase: hey guys just wondering if anyone wanted to come to this little sleepover party thing Dec and I were going to throw

Dec: don't worry we got gaffas approval so there's no curfew and no training tomorrow. Tomorrow will just be like relaxing in the pool maybe some basketball just rest day basically

Jack: I'm in!

Rashy: me, sancho, madders, stonesy and pickers are down

Phil: if jacks going I'll go

Me: ig I'll come

Phil: nvm I'm out

Mase: oh why

Kane: yeah pretty suspicious saying that right after yn did

Phil: just changed my mind is all

Me: if you don't want me to go just say so

Kane: as captain it's compulsory for everyone to participate in this party end of discussion

Sancho: 🫡🫡

*end of messages*

Now I was eager to talk with him. I had to know what his problem was. I needed to know otherwise I wouldn't sleep tonight. I wouldn't sleep for months.

Hopping down and heading towards Phil's room I caught mason whispering something to Jack. I noticed jacks eyebrows raise when he saw me so it was definitely about me.

"Hey Mase can I ask you something?" I gestured him to come over as he did so and Jack sped off somewhere. "What was that about?"

"Umm just nothing." He lied. I tilted my head in disbelief and he finally gave in. "We were wondering what was going on between you and Phil."

"I don't even know. I was on my way to his room." I sighed. "I thought we were becoming friends but the other day he went off at me and I just want to know why."

"You better go do that then because I heard he's leaving for the rest of the day." Mason says.

I rush on with my journey to Phil. I knock on the door to see Pickford open the door. I ask if Phil's in there and he just nods opening the door to let me in and then he walked out shutting the door behind him. Fuck. Now it's just me and Phil. God this is awkward.

"Phil," I began..