oʍʇ ʎʇuǝʍʇ ɹǝʇdɐɥɔ

Start from the beginning

I replied expressionlessly, "No need to change." Then, I remained silent.

Seeing that I wasn't doing well, Pei Hao didn't press further. He helped me take off my outer clothes and continued using the scarf to dry the clothes I was wearing underneath.

"Alright, don't change," he reluctantly nodded and said, "Let's head home."

"Back to my home," I firmly stated.

Pei Hao hesitated for half a second, then started the car and said, "Sure, back to your place."

Sitting in the car, I finally felt the cold. Despite the heater blowing, the clothes against my body were ice-cold.

Pei Hao wrapped his coat around me and softly comforted me, "We won't hit traffic today. Endure it a bit longer; we'll be home soon."

"Thank you for today. But how did you end up here?" I asked, puzzled.

Pei Hao nonchalantly replied, "Passing by, just happened to see you."

I didn't buy that explanation.

"Passing by?" I looked at him skeptically.

How could it be such a coincidence? Cheng Yi had just poured water on me a minute before Pei Hao showed up.

"Well, because I followed you today," Pei Hao mumbled with uncertainty, "You don't want to talk to me, and I didn't want to make you angrier by showing up often. But I wanted to see you, even if it's just from a distance, without disturbing you."

"So you've been following me?" I felt a headache coming on. Two people tracking me in a single day was starting to annoy me just thinking about it.

Pei Hao hurriedly defended himself, "No, what do you mean by 'following you'? I used to wait for you downstairs at your place or at the entrance of your company, but I never followed you."

Seeing his agitated state and considering my own safety, I decided not to argue further.

"I've been incredibly busy with work lately, and today is the first time I've had a chance to see you. I genuinely just wanted to catch a glimpse of you from afar," Pei Hao's tone even carried a hint of aggrievement, "I was just about to leave when that idiot suddenly poured water on you."

As I thought carefully, I remembered that I had slapped him the last time we met. I thought his sudden disappearance was because of that.

Well, he better be even busier with work, so he won't have time to harass me.

"I don't like being followed," I glanced at him with disgust.

"Alright, I promise there won't be a next time," Pei Hao nodded, smiling to reassure me, "From now on, I'll only silently watch you from my car when I drive by your place."