uǝǝʇɹᴉɥʇ ɹǝʇdɐɥɔ

Start from the beginning

Pei Hao sat stiffly on the ground, his face full of astonishment. I used to have a bad temper too, but this was the first time I had seriously and loudly told him to leave, especially in front of others. After a while, Pei Hao slowly stood up from the ground, gazing at me with a mournful expression, seemingly waiting for a bit of comfort from me.

The old Xiao Xi wouldn't have treated him like this. The old Xiao Xi would have felt pity and reluctance when she saw Pei Hao like this. But time has passed, things have changed. I turned my head away and didn't look at him again. There's no need to reminisce about the past.

"I'll go get you something to eat." Pei Hao, not receiving any comfort from me, lowered his head and walked out, dejected.

The room now only had me and the little sister from the adjacent bed, and the atmosphere felt somewhat awkward. The little sister seemed to be around ten years old, and she seemed a bit scared of me. She quickly turned her head away, pretending to be asleep.

I smiled apologetically at the little sister, "Sorry for scaring you just now."

"Oh, it's okay," the little sister breathed a sigh of relief, cautiously turning her head back to look at me. She seemed to feel that I wasn't as scary as she initially thought. She hesitated and asked me, "Did you have a fight with that brother just now?"

"Well," I thought for a moment, "Not exactly." We're breaking up, but it's not a clean break.

"Are you two a couple?" The little sister blinked her eyes and asked.

This sudden question caught me off guard, and I couldn't help but find it amusing. How are kids so mature nowadays that they can even tell if two guys are in a relationship?

I shook my head. We're not a couple now, anyway.

"But," the little sister looked puzzled, "When you were asleep this morning, he kept looking at you, just like how my dad looks at my mom. And just now, he wanted to hug you."

"That's different," I explained. "That brother just pities me and sympathizes with me."

"Really?" The little sister still seemed a bit skeptical.

I quickly changed the topic and started chatting with the little sister about her parents and school. Her parents had gone to work, and they had hired a nanny to bring her to the hospital. However, the nanny had disappeared somewhere. As we talked, my emotions finally calmed down. But when Pei Hao came back, I still didn't pay much attention to him.

Seeing that I was engrossed in conversation with the little sister, Pei Hao held a piece of cake, capturing her heart, and attempted to join our conversation.

Pointing at me, the persistent little sister asked Pei Hao, "Are you two lovers?"

"Yes." Pei Hao answered the little sister with a smiling face, giving her another piece of cake. Hearing this, I almost choked and spat out a mouthful of blood. I glanced at Pei Hao, signaling him not to give false information to the kid.