uǝʌǝlǝ ɹǝʇdɐɥɔ

Start from the beginning

Upon careful consideration, I thought there were two reasons for this. One was that Pei Hao's life had always been too smooth. He came from a well-off family, was good-looking, and worked hard. So, while I can't say he was born with a silver spoon, he definitely had more choices and opportunities than an average person. I believe that the biggest setback in Pei Hao's life was his relationship with Fu Yan. Other things he wanted, he could pretty much reach out and get, maybe with a little effort. Therefore, he couldn't accept the fact that I, someone who had followed in his footsteps for five years, suddenly abandoned him. His years of experience and pride wouldn't allow it.

The second reason was that I had genuinely treated him well over the years, and he couldn't let go of that kindness. Many people may have had crushes or relationships with Pei Hao, but I don't know how many of them, like me, would wait in line all night in the freezing cold to buy him basketball game tickets, or search through my apartment for his lost passport until 3 in the morning the day before he had to leave the country for work. I thought back to his birthdays when I flew out of town for a business trip just to spend the night with him and then flew back at dawn... Maybe these things are just a way many couples express their love, and saying them too much sounds cheesy. But sometimes I wonder, no matter who I fall in love with next, I won't have the passion to do these things all over again. My deepest love was given entirely to Pei Hao.

And Pei Hao, having grown accustomed to my silent devotion for five years, couldn't adjust to having the person who had been giving their heart and soul to him for five years suddenly taken away. He couldn't get used to it.

That evening, I turned on my computer and found that the company had approved my request to transfer back to X City, provided I completed the projects here first. I calculated the time and realized it would take about a month, and according to the doctor, my leg would be nearly healed by then. It would be a good time to see my sister again.

I called Da Bai to confirm whether Pei Hao had been bothering him these past few days. Da Bai confirmed that my call had worked; they hadn't seen Pei Hao since then.

I thought about it and realized it was true. Pei Hao's interest in me was always short-lived. Occasionally, he would show intense love, but it was just a passing whim.

This time, Pei Hao's enthusiasm lasted for less than a week. Not receiving a response from me, he naturally found it boring and uninteresting. I wasn't surprised.

True feelings or false pretenses, time would eventually reveal everything.

]1st Comment] mingo: So, Pei Scum really stopped pursuing you?

[2nd Comment] Nostalgic Times sati: Pei Scum must have continued pursuing, otherwise why would this post be titled "How to Get Rid of Him"?

[3rd Comment] Timing: I still haven't figured out Pei Hao's sudden change in behavior. Wasn't he always indifferent to Xiao Xi? Why is he suddenly so infatuated? I'm so confused. (╯°Д°)

[4th Comment] XOXO: Let me explain to you, there's a law called human nature. Before, Xiao Xi treated Pei Hao well without asking for anything in return. Pei Hao got used to it and felt it was his due, so he didn't take Xiao Xi seriously. But when Pei Hao suddenly realized that Xiao Xi was leaving for real this time, and he felt that this breakup was different from past arguments, whether it was Xiao Xi mentioning not allowing his self-esteem or getting used to Xiao Xi's kindness, or realizing he really had feelings for him, no matter which aspect, Pei Hao couldn't accept it all at once.