we can't keep having this conversation

Start from the beginning

"Bravo," Ian said as I high-fived her. 

"Give him hell, sis," Lip said, "We're off to work."

On the way out, I hugged Carl and Debbie.

"Behave yourself, and don't ask the lady racist questions," I said.

"Aw, man," Carl whined. 

________________________________________________

We walked to Kash 'n Grab and started working with stacking and taking inventory. Mickey was there too. Jesus, was Linda a tight ass. But to be fair, she was pregnant and couldn't get out of bed due to preeclampsia. And her dickhead pedophile husband left her with her two sons. 

Two kids came into the store and were about to steal candy bars when Mickey, without even turning around, said, "You two can put that back, or I can crack your skulls on the pavement."

Without hesitation, they ran out. 

"Can you and Sergeant Slaughter help us out with some cases of pop?" Lip said.

"Hey, you want me to get you some blow?" Mickey asked, "Uppers, downers, special K."

"We're good," I said, "But thanks, Mick."

"Yeah, just beer, joints, and cigarettes," Lip said, "No one under fourteen."

"That's giving up a big market," Mickey said.

"Helps keep my conscience clean," Kev said.

"I mean, we could always bring it down to thirteen," I said, "Teenagers and up."

"Still pretty big, princess," Mickey said to me. 

I shrugged.

"Worth a try.  Hey, Ian, we need more rocket pops. Could you have Linda order some of those too?" I asked.

"Yeah, and keep it up with those geometry theorems," Lip said.

"Will do," Ian said.

"Alright, see ya," I said as Kev started the truck.

Business was great that day. There were so many people at the park, especially with V bringing her patients from the nursing home.

"We are crushing it!!" I said,  smiling as I flipped through the money.

"Yea, nothing pays like hipsters, minors, and the elderly," Lip said.

"V, you gotta start bringing those geezers around every day," Kev said, "They love their sugar."

"Shit, Denise needs her insulin shot," V said getting up, abruptly. Kev kissed her goodbye and she left. Oh, what I would give to have what they have someday.

"Bye, Lip, bye, Mayonnaise!" V said.

"Bye!" we both said.

"How much you got?" Lip asked me.

"About fifty."

Lip took the money and flipped through it, looking at Kev, "Hey um, if a chick, you know, she's taking it slow with a guy, and not sleeping with him, what do you think that means?"

I wanted to hit my head against the truck. Why were we still on this?

"Means you're not getting laid," Kev said, stating the obvious before selling a third beer to one of our customers, "Don't come back unless it's to buy pot, ok?"

The boy nodded and went about his way.

"Gotta watch out for those girls. That means they like you. Like, love you like you. And they keep holding back because they're so into you, but they're also waiting for you to grasp how awesome they are. That sounds about right, Mayonnaise?"