Chapter 27 - The Party

"Ha, very funny, Father." I feigned a laugh. I knew damn well my father didn't joke.

     "I'm serious, child. You and your brother shall follow in our footsteps. It has already been decided."

      "I don't believe I heard you correctly.."

     "You heard me perfectly, Lucia." My father said, his speech had a condescending undertone and it sounded like he was doing this to spite me for yelling at him and the rest of the family.

     I wanted to scream, I wanted to cry, or storm off... the thought tore at my stomach. You ever get that feeling when something scares you, or hurts you, or disgusts you so much it claws at your insides, your ears begin to tune everything out and your eyes begin to blue. Not with tears though, you can't cry... it feels impossible to show emotion you just stand there, frozen. All you can feel is the hurt in your heart as it expands to every inch of your body like a cloud of overwhelming darkness.

     Top all that off with the concealed anger I felt. I wanted to explode on him, but I couldn't.

    That. That was how I felt..

-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-

     That night, my family still expected me to go to the bloody party.

     "Lucia?" I heard a voice call. I recognized the voice as the woman I had trusted my entire life. My mother.

     She knocked on the door, "Lucia, are you ready yet? I'll have the stylists come do your hair when you're in your dress."

     "I'm not going!" I yelled back.

     Uh oh... I realized my mistake a second too late.
      "Lucia Marie!" My mother snapped, barging into the room. "You know better than to yell at me! I understand you're mad but that does not give you the right to yell and neglect your responsibilities!" She yelled, looking around my cluttered room, spitting my letters to and from Harry. She walked over, her eyes widened. "Merlin, child! I've taken care of you, fed you, and given you all these opportunities and you go and talk to the very boy our family stands against. You know your brother doesn't have good experiences with him!"

"I know-"

"I'm your mother, as long as you live under our roof, you listen to your father and I!"

"I- yes, mother..."

An hour later my mother was doing my hair, I know... I didn't like it either.

A/N- Okay, before you guys tell me this is a short chapter, I know. I have more to this chapter but I wanted to give you something. I wasn't expecting this story to skyrocket the way it is. School is starting back up again and I will try and update as much as possible.  Love you, angels. ❤️❤️