Chapter 3 - The Platform

All characters (with the exception of Lucy Malfoy and her owl, Nyra) belong to the talented author, J.K Rowling

Lucy POV

On the morning of the magical day I got to board that train, I had seen Draco board when he was my age, I got ready in a cloak with the tiniest bit of green on it. My father had given it to me last night. Now it was finally my turn.

...

We walked toward the "stone" pillar and all the nerves I had held in up till this day started gushing over me like a waterfall. "Okay, Dray, show us how it's done!" my mother said resting a gentle hand on my shoulder. I had seen Draco do this before, however this time I was nervous, what if it doesn't work and I embarrass myself in front of all these muggles!? 

I stood nervously as Draco gripped his trolley's handles, looked both ways for any muggles who might be watching, when the coast was clear, he ran right through the pillar. "Okay, Luce." my mothers comforting voice came from behind me, "Your turn." The clackity clack  of trains came from all around, muggles talking on the telephones, I looked both ways closed my eyes and breathed, and ran towards the pillar.

It tickled going through, I mean, at least I didn't crash! 

I noticed Draco standing by the huge train. He saw me and smiled, I smiled back in return. Mother and Father came through a few seconds later. They walked over to us and we headed to board the train, "Goodbye, Mummy!" I hugged mother "Goodbye, buttercup." I turned to face my father's stone cold face and automatically, as if I was his servant rather than his daughter, I straightened my back, "Goodbye, Father." I said, blatantly. When I turned to step onto the train Father stopped by reaching his hand and harshly placing it on my shoulder, I winced under his cold hand and slowly turned around "What house shall you be placed in, Lucy Marie?"

"S-Slytherin, Sir." I stuttered, he released my shoulder and I hurriedly climbed aboard the train.

Draco POV

I bid my mother and father farewell and begun bringing me and Lucy's luggage to a cabin on the train. I came back to grab our owls, "What house shall you be placed in, Lucy Marie?" Jesus, if looks could kill, Father just buried Lucy six feet under. "S-Slytherin, Sir." She responded I could hear the pure fear in her voice. I walked over to Lucy to board the train with her but she had already taken off into it. I grabbed the last bag but Father stopped me about a foot from the train.

"Watch over her, Draco, she will be put in Slytherin, and she will uphold the family name, is that clear?" 

"Yes, Sir." I looked dead into his eyes and then boarded the train and guided my sister towards the cabin.