Chapter 8 - A Great Hall A Great Fight

⚠️ !ALL ORIGINAL HARRY POTTER CHARACTERS AND PLACE BELONG TO J.K ROWLING! ⚠️ 

Lucy POV

I decided to sit with my Gryffindor friends for breakfast this morning, thinking it might anger Draco, after my fight with him last night I would do anything in my power to make him mad.  Also I just wanted to sit by Harry this morning, something about the Boy who Lived comforted me whenever I was nervous.

Draco had woken up late so I decided to head down to the Great Hall, with Pansy instead. She tried to guide me over to the Slytherin Table but I just told her that it was fine with Draco, this seemed to shut her up, so I headed over to the table and sat down (by Harry of course.)

"Lucy!" The Ron and Hermione cheered in excitement, "Hello, Lucy" Harry mumbled sympathetically just loud enough for me to hear Ron was sitting by his siblings eating a turkey leg. "You must be the Weasleys." I said, kindly, trying to hide the pain of my fight with Draco last night. Ron quickly finished a bite of pancake he had stuffed in his mouth and introduced me, "Lucy, this is Percy" he pointed to a slim boy with short, curly hair, "These are the twins Fred and George."

"Hello"

"Hello" The two replied in unison, this should be fun figuring out which is which. "And you know me. Lastly this is Ginny" He nodded toward the youngest and only girl, she was a year older than me, and had the most beautiful ginger hair that cascaded down to her lowed back. I waved to the four of them and they all kindly waved back. Hmmm, Mother, Father, and Draco all talked about how the Weasleys were vile blood traitors, they didn't seem that ways though. I knew Harry could tell something was bothering me, cause he put a comforting hand on my back. Memories of last night would come flooding back to me, I had never fought with my brother that way before, I squeezed my eyes shut each time one of the memories popped into my head. Every time I tensed Harry's side hug tightened, his eyes said it all "It'll be okay..."

I turned to see students  flooding into the hall and take their seats, Draco was one of the last to come in. As he noticed Harry with his arm wrapped around me he stormed over, I grabbed Harry's hand tighter, with every step of Draco's becoming closer. I sighed thinking for a split second everything would be alright, the Gryffindor Table quieted down as my brother walked past them. About five feet from me, my friend, and the Weasleys, who were all silent, Draco stopped. I frowned at him, a flicker of disappointment in my eyes. Draco glared at Harry, and before I could argue, he pulled out his wand and yelled "STUPEFY!" towards Harry sending him flying across the Great Hall, "DRACO!!" I scream, raw anger filled my voice and I could feel the tears coming, "Lucy Marie Malfoy... Get over here this instant!" I scared me how much he sounded like Father, Harry was laying on the ground and struggling to stand back up, everyone else was watching me and Draco. "I AM YOUR OLDER BROTHER NOW LISTEN AND GET YOUR CHILDISH ARSE OVER HERE!" It took all the courage I had to yell back, "REALLY!? My brother cared about me! You're just a prat!" I noticed what I had just said and after checking to make sure Harry was okay, he was now sitting by Ron and Hermione who helped him up, I shoved past my brother and left without another word. "DON'T WALK AWAY FROM ME!" I ignored and ran out

Dumbledore had been standing outside when I opened the door, I looked up at him and he saw my misty-eyes. I had to leave before anyone saw me cry, Father would be furious if I cried in public, and I didn't need that right now. So I ran passed him, and to the entrance hall, sitting in a corner and let the tears flow.

Harry had come out but a minute later, "Hey." He hugged me, and let me talk, for five minutes he just listened "I know you've been through so much Harry, you have faced the Dark Lord, himself, you're a legend and you have to live up to people's expectations and I hate that. I was a stupid hatstall and it told me I didn't belong in Slytherin! I was born into what looked like the most perfect pureblood family. And I have to live up to their expectations and I hate that, Harry, I hate that I care about you so much, you just came into my life, and I was supposed to hate you, I was raised to hate you, but I don't!" I sobbed into his shoulder he patted my back sympathetically, I had never felt this before, he cared so much that he didn't even need to say it he just looked at me and whispered "Lucy Malfoy, you are not your family... And who cares what that twit, Draco says, he chose his path, now it's your turn." I looked into his eyes and smiled, a genuine smile not a fake one. He comforted me in ways no one ever has before, he hugged me and I hugged him back, as the clock chimed, "You ready for a lesson with Hagrid?" He asked, I nodded feeling excited, all the nerves had left and I was ready, ready for Hogwarts..