Chapter 12 - Fat Lady's Message

Hey, really sorry I haven't posted in the last week, life happened, won't go into it.

                                                                                               Big Love, MimiReecesPeices

Harry's POV

As Ron, Hermione, and I made our way up the Grand Staircase, Ron was talking about how awesome their fist trip to Hogsmeade went today "It was bloody brilliant! They candy was amazing at Honeydukes! Hermione we never got to go to the Shrieking Shack, though. Have you heard it's the most-"

"The most haunted building in Britain? Yeah I heard" We noticed a huge group blocking the portrait, formally known as the Fat Lady (She was the portrait that protected our common room, only allowing Gryffindors in with the password that changed every so often). We tried to push our way through the crowd of a mix of all the houses, somewhat successfully. When we got to the top of the staircase, where all the Gryffindors were, our jaws hit the floor. The, what used to be a lush painting with flowers and an 'opera singer'.  (if you could call her that, she wasn't a very good singer, you see.) was now an abandoned field with wilted tulips scattered across the painting. Probably the biggest terror was three long rips across the portrait, it looked as through it had been cut by a sword or blade.

Percy, Ron's brother, shoved through the crowd sending the students back to their respective house common rooms. "Excuse me! I'm Head Boy!" He yelled, whilst shoving past another group of whispering students, his yells could be heard but were not heeded. "Someone get Professor Dumbledore!" He commanded as he ran his fingers along the rips in the painting. I turned to Hermione, a nervous look plastered upon my face.

Moments later, Dumbledore, along with Mr. Filch (The janitor/ school creepy guy) who held his cat, Ms. Norris, in his arms. Students parted for them as they rushed up to the painting. Filch ent a menacing glare my way as he passed. I watched the Headmaster inspect the painting. Seconds later he turned around to Filch whispering just loudly enough for me to hear, "Tell the ghost to search every painting in the castle and find the Fat Lady."

"They'll be no need for ghosts, sir." Filch replied, pointing to a painting a few levels up. Ron, Hermione, and  I... along with every other Gryffindor followed the two adults up the stairs, kids shoving past one another, Percy yelling about how he was Head Boy so every one should move for him. As we reached the painting of a grazing hippopotamus, the Fat Lady cowered behind it.

"My Lady," Dumbledore soothed. Ron and the twins looked as if they were about to crack a joke but Ginny elbowed them, and Hermione placed finger to her lips. I chuckled upon seeing the twin's disappointed faces and Ron's halfhearted smirk before matching the twin's faces when Hermione gently punched his shoulder.

"It was awful, sir!" the singer cried, "He tried to get in, but, but I wouldn't let him!"

 Him? Who's Him? I thought

"He's back sir..." she paused. "Sirius Black!" she hid again, saying the name.

 Everyone exchanged worried glances, I looked over to my two friends, Ron gulped while 'Mione stiffened. "How do you think he got in? My parents said Hogwarts is the safest place they know!" a student exclaimed.

Lucy, who I'd noticed walking down the staircases earlier, reading a book, on her way to the Great Hall I presume. She looked at the group, clueless. I locked eyes with her and she smiled but it quickly faded upon seeing my worried face. "Sirius Black? Here at Hogwarts?" Dean mumbled. I saw Lucy's head turn towards the student. I shot her a confused look but she didn't notice because she had already turned around and headed up the stairs. Ron and Hermione didn't seem to notice because they were to invested in listening to the whispers of the other students.