Chapter 32- Day Before School

Lucy's POV

The next day I was sitting on my bed reading. House elves rushed around my room. Aunt Bella came in, her hair not yet put up and hanging loosely over her shoulders. "How's packing going, dear?"

"Terriblly exhausting I'm afraid." I turned the page of my book, eating a biscuit from the plate by my bed. A cup of half-drunken tea sat beside it. "Hey!" I yelled sternly. "Be careful with those shoes. I got them in Germany. DON'T crease them." I said to the house elf carrying a pair of boots with a few white roses and skulls embroidered on the heel part. I thought back to my time at the Durmstrang school, I'd never attended as a student but my Aunt had spoken with the headmaster once while I shadowed her a little while after I had gotten my dark mark. "Oh, and pack my black dress pants." I snapped at the elf as she put the shoes in my bag. Merlin. House elves are supposed to be quick. This one would make a better slug than she would a servant. Maybe I could try a small hex later...

"Your father is here," Bella said in a monotone voice.

"My dad?"

"Yes, he wants to see you."

I don't remember the last time I saw my father, he wasn't even at the Marking Ceremony. I quickly slicked my hair back into a pony leaving my elves to clean breakfast.

"Father," I said flatly. I wasn't mad nor was I happy about him being here. A part of me resented him for being so cruel, but he was still my father.

"Lucia." He stated back in the same tone, eyeing how much I'd changed. "You look like your mother... aside from the hair. You got them from-"

"You." I cut him off, not wanting to hear this nonsense, and 'I love yous' "Thank you." I said accepting it for what it was. I gave him a firm handshake. He hadn'd a bit well except for a few wrinkles between his white eyebrows that he'd gotten from being a bit of a prat his whole life.

I stepped back a few feet.

"Mis-" I heard before my back hit something hard and my eyes looked up at the ceiling. After the initial shock had passed I glanced at the elf at my feet. She was the same one who'd almost creased my -very expensive- shoes this morning.

"Damn you!" I said before standing up and kicking her feet out from under her. "There. A taste of your own medicine, wench." I sneered before walking with my father into the living room.

That night I sat outside, watching the elves load my stuff. My father's white hair and pale complexion stood out against the dead nature and dark blue sky surrounding him. "Hello, Lucia."

"Hello, Father." I noticed him fidgeting as he sat down in the chair swing beside me.

"You've done well. Your aunt just told me of your growth over-"

"The last four years?" I finished his sentence. "Well... let us just say one's child can change a lot in that period. You wouldn't know though, would you? Since you never bothered to come around?"

To my surprise, he chuckled, "You've kept that fire in you... I like that. You'll make a fabulous servant to our lord one day."

"I'm ecstatic."

He delivered a soft pat to my knee and got up. "Well, I will see you inside. I'm driving you to the station tomorrow. Hope that's alright."

    "You have a thing for that." I snapped

    "What?"

    "Bringing me places I don't wanna be." I looked up at him, bravely. "I never wanted to come here. But I did. Now I don't wanna go to Hogwarts and, here you are. Ironic isn't it?"

    My father's face twisted, clearly swallowing his anger. "I do not have time for games, child."

    "So go. I didn't ask you to be here." He then huffed, leaving me on my own.

    A few minutes later that slug of an elf came back. She held a glass of water which I took, I drank a sip of it. I looked over, the car was loaded and Aunt Bella was yelling at the elves to get back inside. I looked down.

    I don't want to go back. I don't want to be here. I don't know what's going on with me. I despise Harry Potter. Voldemort is a snaked-faced prick. I feel trapped, no, confused, maybe angry. I'm not sure anymore.

    "Time to come to bed, Lucia." My aunt said as she walked inside.

    I got up, tripping over that stupid elf again, I caught myself but I didn't need another reason to be angry. I slammed the glass onto the floor, but for some reason, I made sure it didn't hit the elf behind me. "Clean that." I told her off as if it was her fault. It was. My situation is all their fault. It's Draco's fault, my parent's fault, and most of all it's Harry fucking Potter's fault. And by the time I'm done with this first semester. He'll know damn well of that.