ǝuᴉu ɹǝʇdɐɥɔ

Start from the beginning

In my imagination, Pei Hao should be upset initially after the breakup, given that even if it's a dog you've raised for five years, the owner would feel some resentment if it just left without a word. However, once that initial burst of frustration fades, he would likely realize that we weren't destined to live together forever, and it's better to end it cleanly now.

Who knows how many times Pei Hao thought about breaking up with me? Maybe every time he saw Fu Yan, his determination wavered a bit. Perhaps he's already rehearsed countless times the lines to say during a breakup, just hampered by various reasons that kept him from saying it. And now I've given him a suitable time and a full-fledged reason.

This way, we part ways, each finding our own happiness.

I looked at Da Bai, puzzled, and asked to confirm, "Are you sure he's really anxious?"

"No doubt about it," Da Bai flicked my forehead with his index finger, saying, "He's not only anxious but almost crying!"

This wasn't the reaction I expected, considering that after our previous argument and breakup, I left while he was watching, and he didn't try to contact me. Now, I've even eliminated the typical scenes couples enact after breaking up, yet suddenly he wants to find me? That's unexpected.

I pondered, not really understanding Pei Hao's thought process. I'm not afraid he'll call the police, but I'm concerned he might call my sister. Considering Pei Hao's attitude towards me these past days, I suddenly felt unsure if he would actually search for me everywhere. So, I limped back to the bedroom to retrieve my phone.

The screen was indeed flashing, and when the lights dimmed, I saw over twenty missed calls, all from Pei Hao. I must've accidentally put it on silent, which is why I didn't hear anything in the living room. I was about to call back when the phone rang again, still him.

I answered, "Hello?"

"Where are you right now?" Pei Hao's voice was urgent. Normally, he'd start the call with "Xiao Xi" before discussing anything.

Instead of answering, I asked, "Did you see the note on the coffee table?"

"Um..." Pei Hao hesitated for a moment and then whispered, "You took your things too..."

I adjusted my posture and said casually, "Yes, I decided to leave on my own."

Pei Hao's voice quivered, "Are you still angry at me?"

I shook my head, although he couldn't see it, "No, I don't feel much now. I think it's best to break up like this."

Pei Hao seemed to take a deep breath on the other end. After a moment's silence, he changed to a more assertive tone, "Where are you? I'll come pick you up."

I furrowed my brows, "Pei Hao, don't you understand? I really want to break up with you."

"Xiao Xi..." Pei Hao's voice carried a sense of pleading, his volume rising, "I swear, I really didn't see you fall into the water that day. If I knew it was you, I