xᴉs ɹǝʇdɐɥɔ

Start from the beginning

That day, I was lying alone in the hotel, feeling extremely bored. Our booked flight was in two days, and for a moment, I thought of buying a ticket to go home the next day. However, when I saw the ticket price had increased fivefold, I calmed down. My mom had worked hard to take care of my sister and me; it's not like A and his friends, whose families had plenty of money to spend. Now, as a new worker, I don't have much money either. Even when I want to be reckless, I have to think about whether I can afford it.

The doctor said I couldn't get the cast wet, so I couldn't take a bath and could only wipe myself. When A came back in the evening, he saw me dragging one leg and holding a towel, not knowing what I was doing. He came over to help me wipe, but I said no. He pretended not to understand and snatched the towel away, intending to help me undress. I didn't have as much strength as him, so in a hurry, I pushed him, and he nearly slipped in the bathroom.

A looked at me in confusion, "What's wrong with you?"

I replied, "I'll do it myself."

A asked, "What if you fall again?"

I said, "I'll do it myself."

A: ......

Me: Leave.

A: ......

A left the bathroom with a hint of anger, slamming the door shut.

A few minutes later, he came back in, looking helpless, and said, "Although I don't know what I did to upset you, please don't be stubborn with yourself. If you fall again, you'll have to go through the whole process of setting the bone and getting a cast again. Wasn't it painful enough yesterday?"

After thinking about it, I realized he was right. I shouldn't stand up; I should sit down and slowly wipe myself.

I looked up at A, "Go bring me a chair."

A went outside and brought in a chair that looked like a couch.

Me: Good, now you can leave.

A: ........

The next day, Egg Brother and the others went out as planned to enjoy their time. I felt guilty because of my situation; it had affected everyone's enjoyment for the past two days. They all had busy lives, working in the company, and whose annual leave isn't precious?

That day, A somehow managed to find a wheelchair and put me in it, pushing me to stroll along the beach. The wheelchair couldn't go on the sandy beach, so we could only observe from the cemented area far from the sea. A pushed me to a higher observation deck, where I could have a panoramic view of the beach.

There were many people on the beach-families with children playing, two young couples cuddling together, and a few friends having fun together. The sunlight was bright, and the sea breeze was gently caressing. The ocean water was so blue, connecting seamlessly with the distant horizon. Occasionally, a few seagulls leisurely flew across the sky, and everything looked so beautiful.