-ch. 28-

Age: 22

-what's this...? A robin POV as well?-

He would be eighteen today...Brady, I mean. Mi Sobrino. I knew him longer than I knew Vance. I only saw Vance, from a distance. But Brady always said hello when he played outside next door. He'd show me comics, and other things. We were close, but not as close as we were after everything that happened. He came over as much as he could. Even when he came close to relapsing.

I blamed myself for not noticing sooner. That he lied about almost being clean. Everytime I wanted to feel sad about the memory of him, I thought of this one memory.

-1974-

"Uncle Robin! Uncle Robin!"

"Huh? Oh hi kid! How are you?"

"I'm great! My Bucky gave me a new toy, look!" He lifted a mini spaceship.

"That's so cool! Does it fly?"

"Only if I throw it across the yard, but then it'll be hard to find again."

"Hm...what if you run and hold it?"

"That's a great idea!"

"Oh, and I have a gift for you. You're turning six today, aren't you?"

"Uh huh! You remembered!"

"Of course I remember! Give me one second." I hurried inside the house and took a picture book with information about space, he couldn't read the text on the bottom, but he could admire the planets, nebulas, which were his favorite, and stars. I handed him the book.

"A book? Uncle Robin! I can't read.."

"I know, that's why I made sure it was mostly pictures."

He gasped when he opened the book. "Woahh! Look how cool it is!"

"Mhm! Those are way far out in space."

"When I grow up, I just want to look at stars all day!"

"Hm, well, you could become an astrologist."

"An astrolo-whaaa?"

I laughed. "An astrologist. Its when you go to a cool space center, and study about stars! You look at them and try to see the name and when they come out and stuff. There's also a lot of other stuff you could do!"

"Huh...Cool!" He looked down at his book, smiling. He ran to me and hugged me, pushing us both to the ground.

"Woahh..." I laughed, sitting up and hugging him back.

"I love you Uncle Robin!"

"Pfff...I love you too. Your Bucky's probably worried at home for you! You should go."

"Okay!" He hugged me again, running off and waving. "Bye Uncle Robin!"

I waved, smiling.

-1986-

I smiled at the memory, I didn't even get to properly say goodbye, I heard about it the next morning. Id be going to the military with my brother like this...