3

-Vance's POV-

I woke up at 2:31 AM. I stood, heading for my window. Ellie's light is still on. I looked closely and I realized she was still studying.

I saw her mom come in with a paper that I couldn't read. I squinted and red an A-. Her mom was yelling so loud I could hear it even with the window closed.

Her mom smacked her head.

I guess her mom isn't much different from my dad. Except, she cares about her kid's grades. My dad only cares if I get held back again.

It still pissed me off. My hands quickly turned to fists but I did my best to calm down.

Something I should do more so I won't get arrested all the damn time.

Her mom didn't even do anything about her staying up studying. She just lectured her on an A-, which is still an A, and made her study more.

I closed my worn out as hell blinds and lay on my bed.

I decided I was hungry, which was a horrible idea, because when I got downstairs, Victor was watching TV while drinking what was most likely his hundredth beer today. And it's two in the morning.

I'm surprised he's not passed out. I snuck in the freezer to find beer at every corner.

"What're you doin' up?"

I jumped at the sound of Victor's voice. "Jesus, Victor."

"Answer the goddamn question."

"I'm hungry..."

"You can eat in the morning."

"Victor c'mon. I'm really hungry and I don't even eat breakfast." He slapped me hard after I said that. It hurt like hell. Sometimes I forget not to talk back.

I held my cheek, not saying a word. But then I mumbled. "I'm sorry, Victor."

"What was that?" He hissed.

"I said I'm sorry."

"Just get out of my sight."

I walked back upstairs and walked into Brady's room quietly. He was sleeping. Good, I'm sending him to school early so I can work my morning shift.

I sat by him and studied his face. It feels like he was just six years old. His freckles, which he got from Mom. I went back to my room, but then I heard Brady's voice.

"Bucky..?"

I turned. "Hm?"

"Can I sleep in your room tonight?" He whispered.

I nodded, preparing a bed on the floor for myself so he could take the bed. He sat on the bed and hugged his astronaut bear that Momma crocheted for him.

Momma loved crocheting.

"Did you have a nightmare, Captain?"

He nodded quietly and I tucked him in, kissing his forehead. "What was it about?"

"...A horror movie..."

"Captain...You know you're too young to watch them. Which one was it?"

"The one you told me not to watch..."

"You watched Tourist Trap?!" I said in a hushed yell.

"I'm sorry..."

I sighed. "It's okay, kid. Just try not to watch any more horror movies, okay?"

He nodded then began blinking. Soon enough, he fell asleep.

I fell asleep after a long time of staring at the ceiling.

A/N: Sorry this chapter's pretty short, I just wanted to add a small chapter with Vance's POV so the rest of the chapters make sense<3 And in case you guys wanted more, I gave you a Vance and Brady moment! This is also a reminder not to drop any hate if you dislike the story and for those who like it so far, enjoy!<3