11

-Liz's POV-

I let go of his vest and stepped back. "I- Oh my God...I'm so sorry."

"Don't be..."

"I wasn't thinking and-"

"Liz. The same thing almost happened at the party."

"Wait what?" I didn't remember us almost kissing.

"Yeah. Don't remember?"

"No-? I was drunk, Vance."

"Maybe I can help you remember..." He rested his hand on my cheek and repeated what I did to him. I thought, How can your best friend turn into your boyfriend that fast? Then I wasn't thinking. I just focused on the feeling of his curls in my fingers, his hand on my neck and finger on my cheek... before we separated at the sound of my door opening.

"What. The. Hell." Andres hissed.

"I-" Vance began, before Andres cut him off. "Don't say a word. EJ, what the hell." He repeated.

"I- It just-" 

He raised his brows, giving me a 'go on' look.

"I met him and we're best friends and- uh...I guess we're not best friends anymore?" I shrugged.

"Right. Leave the door open." He stepped out. "Not fully," he grimaced, "but open."

I pushed the door so it was slightly open, but mostly closed.

"So..." I turned to him.

"So..." He looked away.

I smirked. "Are we friends, or best friends?"

He chuckled. "More."

I smiled and took his hand, giving him a third, but quick kiss. "I like more."

"Good." He smiled back.

"There's an amusement park thirty minutes away." I beamed. I knew he wasn't gonna ride a rollercoaster, he's terrified of horror movies. There's no way he can handle that.

"No rollercoasters."

"Please??"

"No." He smirked. "But I can get you ice cream. Oh! And can you dye my hair?"

"Dye your hair?!"

"I wanna do something insane."

"You already did that by almost getting us killed at two am in the morning and going to a twenty-four hour Denny's at five am."

"I knowww, but something permanent."

"And how do you know I'm good at it?"

"Your mom's a hair stylist."

"Right." I chuckled.

"So...You must know how to dye hair."

"I do."

"Then c'mon!" He took my hand and helped me down the tree.

We rode on his motorcycle to the store, only it felt different. I rested my head on his back as he drove, and I could kinda see him smile.

I was looking through all the shades of purple, because I think that would suit him more.

"Purple?" He came up behind me. I turned and nodded, holding up two boxes. "Violet or Amethyst?"

"Amethyst."

"Yeah...It would look better."

"And you..."