2

I paid for my big gulp and chips and walked over to the door, before I saw Vance. Obviously, playing pinball.

"Well, hello your highness." He gave me a smug smirk.

"Funny."

"C'mon, laugh a little."

"I should be saying that to you."

"I laugh, you just don't see it."

"Mhm. Who's the kid?" I nodded to the shorter, blonde haired boy next to him.

"Oh- that's my baby brother." He smiled a little.

"Baby?! I'm eight!" The kid groaned, crossing his arms.

"Technically a baby." He shrugged. "I still feed you."

His brother sighed. "What's your name?" He asked.

"Ellie! What's yours?"

"Brayden...but everyone calls me Brady. My brother named me!" He smiled proudly. Vance also smiled to himself while playing pinball.

"Aww, well your brother picked a good name."

"Thank you!" He beamed and I smiled. He was adorable.

"When's your curfew-? Robin knows we were talking and he wants to meet you."

"...Why-?"

"He thinks you're cool." I shrugged. He really did though. He always watches him fight every chance he gets...

"Pf...Sure, why not. I got nothin else to do and for once in my life I'm getting bored of pinball."

"Our curfew's at eight...Vi-Papa said if we didn't come back by then he'd—" Brady said, before Vance cut him off. Which made me a bit more suspicious, but I didn't ask questions.

"Hey captain! Why don't you get a blue raspberry big gulp?"

"That's a lot of sugar...You don't usually let me have that much."

"It's fine just for today." He handed him five dollars and Brady's face lit up. "Okay! Thanks Bucky!"
He went to get a big gulp and Vance finished his game.

Wait...Vance doesn't let him have too much sugar? What about his parents? Aren't they the ones who make the rules-? I decided to ask him those questions when it's less awkward to ask him.

"What time is it?" Vance finally looked at me.

"Uh...I think it's..." I trailed off, checking the clock. "Oh- it's already six. You've been playing for three hours, Vance." I said, grinning. He definitely has an obsession.

"And?"

"Nothing, I'm just impressed."

"You're not like...annoyed? You don't think any less of me if I play pinball too much?" He chuckled.

"No, why? I play it sometimes."

"Really? How good are you?"

"I think I want to keep all my bones intact."

He chuckled at that. "I'm not gonna hurt you if you're better."

"Really? Like you did the other few kids?"

"It was one time..."

"One?! Vance...let's not bring up your criminal record..."

"Okay, you're right. Just play."

"Fineee..." He moved over so I could play and I began playing pinball. I focused so hard I forgot Vance was even there.

I finished the game in about two minutes and...Well damn, I beat his high-score.