13

-Vance POV-

I set three plates on the table for Katie, Brady, and Lizzie. It was almost seven. I wasn't too hungry, plus we we needed to save food because I haven't gotten payed—and I haven't gone grocery shopping...

"Brady! Katie! I made dinner!"

"Coming-!" She came down.

"I'M NOT HUNGRY!" I heard Brady yell.

"IT'S MAC N' CHEESE!"

"NO."

"BRAYDEN LIAM HOPPER I SWEAR..." I stood in front of the stairs, which was also right where his room was at the top.

He opened the door slightly only to flip me off.

"C'mon...Victor isn't home and it's the only time we can spend time together during dinner. Without his drunk ass behind us." Katie yelled.

"Fine." He came downstairs with his headphones on.
He was being impossible...

"Headphones off, Brayden."

He rolled his eyes, taking them off. "Keep up that attitude and you'll give them to me. Understand?"

He went silent.

"Do you understand?"

"Yeah, whatever..." He sat down. My patience doesn't go that far, but Liz was coming and I didn't want her to come into a fight. Speaking of, I heard a knock on the door and it was Liz.

"Hey Liz!"

"Hey! Is dinner ready? Can I come in-?"

"Yes, dinner's ready. And you know you can. Hey, what about your mom? Do you know where she's at?"

"Yeah, actually. She's got a date."

"A date? Damn..."

"Yep."

I chuckled. "Well, c'mon. I just finished actually."

She nodded and came inside, I shut the door and followed her to the table.

"Your dad's still not home?"

"Nah, he actually goes missing for a few days and comes back. Usually he stays out for three to four days..."

"Oh."

"It's fine. Anyway, sit-" And she did. I sat down by her and she smiled at me. Brady was looking down, silent.

"I have a date tomorrow." Katie mentioned.

"Damn, with who?"

"Uh...Ellie's brother..."

I widened my eyes. "Wait what—"

"Robin didn't say anything..."

Katie shrugged. "He just asked me out and I accepted the offer."

Liz nodded slowly. "Huh..."

"Permission to beat his ass if he hurts her?" I looked at Liz.

"No."

"Awh, please?"

"Since when do you say please?"

"Since you."

"Aww, am I influencing you?" She grinned.

"Can you lovebirds eat already?" Brady groaned. "And why aren't you eating anything, Vance?"

"Whatever happened to 'Bucky'?"

"I'm not six or anything."

"...So your school situation...?"