8

-Lizzie's POV-

I didn't know how a friendship could start so fast, and end so fast. But it did. I sat in class and didn't talk to Vance the entire day and he didn't try to talk to me. I already missed our friendship. He was my only way of fun.

I also got back together with John, because my mother said he's a "good boy", but I don't even like him anymore. He wrapped his arm around my neck by the lockers which made me want to slap him, but I was around my friends. So I couldn't.

"I'm not walking home with you, Miller." I told him after school once my friends left.

"Wow...So I'm 'Miller' now, huh?"

I flipped him off and stormed out of school. "Ellie- Wait up." Bruce chased behind me. "What?" I turned to him.

"You don't even like him, do you?"

"I-...Of course I do! We're just fighting."

"Ellie...C'mon..."

"He's right. Something's up."

I jumped. "Jesus, Robin..."

"What did mom tell you last night?"

"Nothing."

"Ellie."

"I said nothing!" I don't want them to worry.

"C'mon, you can tell us..."

"...Mom told me she didn't want me hanging with Vance anymore, and she wanted me with John because he's better to hang out with than Vance. And that Vance is a bad influence."

"What? That's ridiculous." Robin crossed his arms.

"I mean...He took you to a party with alcohol..."

"And exploded his dad's truck after speeding and he now has a burn on his ankle along with a burn on my  elbow. He also took me to a Denny's at five am...We stayed up till two at a seven-eleven in the middle of nowhere...and we had a slumber party which is what led to the Denny's situation."

"Oh my- okay, he's not a bad influence...But-...I'm not sure you're hanging with the right crowd."

"What crowd?! Vance and his baby brother?!"

Bruce sighed. "I just want you safe. Vance could've gotten you both killed...And at a seven-eleven at two in the morning?! That rumor about The Grabber is going around and I don't want you guys to be next..."

"The Grabber?" Maybe he could've taken Griffin...

Paperboy came up behind them. "What're you guys talking about?"

"Vance and The Grabber."

"What, did he get kidnapped after school today or something?"

"God, don't jinx it." I told him.

"Look at us...the band hanging out." Bruce smiled.

Robin gave him a look. Bruce frowned. "Maybe it's time you start playing again, Rob."

"No."

"Robin..."

"No, Bruce."

"Alright...Fine. But it was so long ago. Your dad would want you to pl-"

"Don't talk about what my dad would want. And that was literally nine months ago."

"Guys, don't start...This is the whole reason we broke up." I said, trying to stop the fight.

"Robin, it's just playing guitar."

"It's not that easy."

"Course it is."