4

-Ellie's POV-

I finished my test quickly because it was pretty easy, and fell asleep on my desk. I flinched when the bell rang and took my backpack, walking out. I decided to take my books home because my mom was clearly going to make me study all weekend.

Vance didn't show up to school today, but it was kind of expected. I walked straight home because I have no energy for anything.

"Má, can I nap? Just this once...?" I asked once I came in my house. My mother reluctantly nodded. She actually let me sleep for once.

After a nice long nap, I sat up and studied a little at my desk. I was mid-sentence when I heard my window break a little. I jumped at the sound and checked my window.

Vance was laughing through his words. "PFF- I'm so sorry—"

I laughed with him, shaking my head. He waved me over and I carefully crossed the tree. He took my wrist gently to help me through the window.

"What happened?"

"C'mon."

"What-? Where?"

"This is a Friday night that you're not going to be spending with your girlies at a party." He whispered, taking me downstairs. He checked if anyone was in the room to catch us and the room was completely empty.

"Oh- Alright...What are we doing?" I whispered back.

He started his dad's car, and my jaw dropped.

"Hell no. Hell. No."

"Whyy? My dad's not going to hear us, he's probably at the bar."

"This is illegal."

"C'mon principessa. Have a little fun."

"You're Italian?"

"My mom was."

"Huh..." I felt my cheeks heat up slightly. "If we get arrested, I'm murdering you."

"I'll deserve it."

I sat in the passenger seat and Vance began driving.

"Wait-! What about Brady?!"

"He's at his friend Griffin's house."

"Oh okay!"

"Honestly, I feel kinda bad. They're each other's only friends..."

"Awh..."

I looked at Vance and he was smiling a smile that I don't think I should trust.

"I'm gonna go faster."

And I was right.

"Vance n—"

"I'm doin' it."

"VANCE I SWEAR TO-"
He pressed his leg as hard as possible against the clutch and I shrieked as he dodged any cars in the way.

"VANCE YOU'RE GONNA GET US KILLED BEFORE WE'RE EVEN ARRESTED!"

"WE'LL DIE HAPPY!"

"I CAN'T DIE VANCE I NEED TO GO TO HARVARD AND MEDICAL SCHOOL!!"

"YEAHHHHH!!!" He continued driving and...

Oh crap I saw a bunch of trees.

"VANCE WATCH THE TREE-!"

We crashed hard and straight into the tree and I saw a spark.

A spark.

Crap.