chapter 62

we're gonna be okay
🎶 waiting room - phoebe bridgers

The four older teens made their way into the Upside Down Creel House, trying to kill Vecna once and for all

The four older teens made their way into the Upside Down Creel House, trying to kill Vecna once and for all. Steve opened the door, and revealing an amount of vines they had never seen. "Oh shit, that's not good." He went in first, hopping to an empty spot on the floor. Izzie followed, the Robin, then Nancy.

Torie and Blair were holding each other's hands so tight they could feel the white covering their knuckles as they carefully watched Max. Blair was praying she didn't just hand Max a death sentence by allowing her to give herself away first.

While Lucas tried to signal that Max was under the spell, Erica wasn't replying. Then, the three heard floorboards creaking. Someone was there.

Jason.

"Jason?" Lucas said. "You can't be here right now, man."

He looked down at Max. "What the hell have you done?"

"Jason," Blair repeated. "You need to leave."

"Is this what you did to Chrissy?" he asked, ignoring their protests.

"Just listen, Jason, you need to go, man," Lucas explained.

He knelt in front of Max, trying to wake her. "Can— can you hear me?"

"Jason, don't touch her," he warned, approaching the older boy. "I'm not messing around! Jason please just—"

"Hey, hey, hey! Back up!" he yelled, pulling out a gun. "Not another step."

"We don't have to do this Jason," Blair said calmly. "You don't understand what you're doing."

"I hope your right," he replied. "Is there anyone else in the house?"

"No," she shook her head.

"Turn around," he ordered, pointing at Lucas.

"What?"

"Turn around!" he repeated, yelling this time. "You girls too, turn around!"

"Okay, okay, relax," he obliged.

Blair let go of Torie's hand, raising them to the air instead and turning to face the wall.

"And put down your flashlight!"

"Okay," Lucas nodded, doing as Jason said.

"Empty your pockets. Empty your pockets!" Lucas reached in, pulling his pockets out and allowing the loose mints and change to fall to the ground. Shakily, Blair and Torie did the same. "Now, this is what's gonna happen. I'm gonna back away to the top of the stairs there. Then I'll watch as you wake her up from whatever the hell this is."

"I can't," Lucas replied, turning around. "Jason, if I wake her too soon, we all die."

"You don't wake her up right now, you die, Sinclair," he threatened. "Just you."