deja vu

July 4, 1982
Summer before sophomore year
🎶 deja vu - olivia rodrigo

Izzie and Steve sat drinking beers and giggling at Tommy and Carol as they ran up the stairs of Steve's house

"Hey watch this Izz" Steve whispered. "Hey Tommy!" He yelled.

Tommy turned around. "What Harrington?" He asked quickly, trying to make it up the stairs.

"Make sure you clean the sheets." He laughed.

"Oh, and be charming." Izzie added.

"Yeah, whatever." He remarked at the obviously tipsy duo.

They watched as their friends went up to do the same thing they have been doing since Izzie had first met them. Leaving Izzie and Steve alone, as per usual. They didn't mind. It was part of the reason why the two grew so close

"I swear those two have been having sex since seventh grade." Izzie laughed.

"Yeah, they definitely have been." Steve snorted. "Hey Izz. You know what's fun?"

"What?"

"Swimming." Steve smiled, approaching the girl.

"What are you doing?" Izzie yelped as Steve threw her over his shoulder. "Steve!"

"Stop it Steve!!" Izzie shrieked as the boy drew closer to the pool.

"What's the harm Izzie?" Steve chuckled. "We're going down together." The boy smiled.

Taking a running start, Steve threw himself into the pool, bringing Izzie down with him into the warm water.

"Harrington! You're so dead!" She yelled, splashing water at the boy.

"What, is Isabelle Williams scared of a little fun?" He laughed as he returned the favor.

"Never." She smirked, as the two became closer. And oddly, for the first time that she could remember, Izzie had butterflies.

"Oh really?" Steve asked.

"Really."

"You know, you're probably right. Because of you, this summer I've had a lot of firsts." The brunette boy laughed.

"What are you talking about? You had all your firsts in the seventh grade right beside Tommy." Izzie scoffed.

"Not true." Steve corrected. "Sure I may have had my first kiss and cigarette and beer already, this summer was the first time I blacked out, first time I let Tommy and Carol have sex in my house, the first time I set a record at a keg, and I even shoplifted for the first time."