chapter 18

sad beautiful tragic
🎶 sad beautiful tragic - taylor swift (tv)

sad beautiful tragic🎶 sad beautiful tragic - taylor swift (tv)

Everyone was sat around, silent. Joyce Byers lost Bob, the man she loved, and everyone was feeling her grief. Izzie had a special kind of sympathy for Joyce. She couldn't imagine the horror and pain she would feel watching the person she loved most going through that.

Hearing everyone's stories, Izzie had a saddening realization. Her eyes filled with sorrow as she remembered. Steve noticed, sitting beside her. In that moment, even though everything was so sad and tragic, she forgot for just a second. She forgot the fear and she forgot the pain as her stomach filled with butterflies at the feelings of Steve's slight touch. Thinking of how even in a moment like this, he could give her butterflies, she thought it was beautiful."Hey, what's wrong?" He said, bringing Izzie out of her haze.

Izzie sighed. "I remember him. It was the day, last year. While we were out with Tommy and Carol, before the whole thing with Nancy. We were shopping, and he was working at the radioshack. He was a nice guy. One of those people that just look so happy." Steve didn't know how to respond. People are dying, he couldn't possibly make it better for her. He just simply wasn't enough. Steve was never one with words, so he did the only thing that felt right to him. He pulled her into a hug, and Izzie felt safe as Steve pulled her in. Her head settled into his neck and for the first time that day, she thought things might just be okay.

"Did you guys know that Bob was the original founder of Hawkins AV?" Mike said, causing Steve and Izzie to pull apart.

"Really?" Lucas said.

"He petitioned the school to start it and everything. Then he had a fundraiser for equipment." Mike explained. "Mr. Clarke learned everything from him. Pretty awesome right?"

Izzie smiled at Mike's words. Mr. Clarke was her science teacher in middle school, he was the reason she even cared about the subject. "Yeah." Izzie smiled. "It is."

"We can't let him die in vain." Mike sighed, placing Bob's puzzles on the table.

"Well what do you want us to do Mike?" Dustin said harshly. "The chief is right on this one, we can't stop those demodogs on our own."

"Demodogs?" Max said in confusion.

"Demogorgan, dogs. Demodogs." Dustin explained. "It's like a compound. Like a play on words-

"Okay." Max said, overwhelmed with the boy. Izzie frowned at the look of defeat in Dustin's eyes at Max's distaste for him.

Dustin tried his best to brush it off, turning back to the subject of defeating said demodogs. "I mean when it was just Dart maybe."

"But theres an army now." Victorie added.

"Precisely."

"His army." Mike said, sounding as if he had just connected the pieces.