chapter 55

upside down
🎶 out of the woods - taylor swift

The group had sprinted through the woods and found themselves hidden under the Upside Down's version of Skull Rock

The group had sprinted through the woods and found themselves hidden under the Upside Down's version of Skull Rock. Eventually, the bats seemed to stop. "Finally, that was close," Robin exhaled.

"Yeah, too close," Eddie added.

Izzie, who finally had a chance to look around, noticed someone was missing. "Blair, where's Blair?"

"She was still in the boat when I jumped off, I don't know if she jumped at all," Eddie replied.

"What if something happened to her?" she questioned, looking worriedly at Steve.

"I'm sure she's okay," he said. "She might have gone back to shore to meet up with Torie."

Izzie took a deep breath, she couldn't shake the worried feeling, but she needed to focus her efforts on finding a way out. "Okay," she nodded, getting up with the rest of the group.

Steve tried to walk, but ended up stumbling and leaning onto the rock. He took a harsh shaky breath, and upon hearing Izzie whipped her head around. "Steve?"

"I'm fine," he assured.

"No, no you're not you're loosing blood," she shook her head.

"Well so are you," he argued.

"Just, just sit okay?" she said, steadying him down onto the ground. He groaned in pain on the way down, it was clear that he was struggling.

He pulled his hand off the wound, revealing a pretty nasty scar. "Okay, focus on the good news. I'm pretty sure that wooziness is not a common sign of rabies, but, uh, if you start having hallucinations or— or muscle spasms, or you start feeling really aggressive like— like you wanna punch me or something then you should totally let me know, okay?" Robin rambled.

"Robin," he said between heavy breaths.

"Yeah?" she replied.

"I kinda wanna punch you," he said.

Robin laughed. "Sense of humors still intact," she laughed. "That's a good sign."

Izzie took off her jacket, ripping the bottom half off. She looked up at Steve. "You ready?" she asked.

"Yeah, just do it," he croaked.

Izzie pulled it around his torso, and Steve exhaled sharply. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry," she said as she had to pull it tighter to tie the knot.

"It's okay," he replied.

"Is it too tight?" Izzie asked.

"No, it's okay," he replied. "Thank you."

"Hey, your turn," Nancy said, gesturing to her leg. Izzie nodded, handing her the other half of her jacket. Nancy knelt down, wrapping it around the wound. Izzie winced from the pressure as she tied it. "You okay?"