chapter 25

ahoy
🎶 cruel summer -taylor swift

Complete bliss, something that was a very rare joy to Izzie

Complete bliss, something that was a very rare joy to Izzie. She was always looking over her shoulder, always praying this was a happy ending and not just a calm before the storm.

Because there was nothing that she loved more than waking up in the arms of the boy she loved most. She loved the feeling of him wrapped around her, his arms around her shoulders as her head lays on his chest. Their bodies fit together like pieces in a puzzle.

Izzie was sure the sound of his heartbeat was the only constant in the world that she could rely on. And she was sure that it was the only thing keeping her from going off the edge insane. Monsters and government conspiracies and other dimensions didn't exist in that room. Not when she was safe with him.

Sunlight crept in through the curtains in Izzie's bedroom, shining in her eyes. Izzie groaned, nuzzling head head into Steve's neck in an attempt to block out the sunlight and go back to sleep. Steve had woken up from the sunlight as well, turning to look at the clock. It read 8:30. He sighed, running his fingers through her blonde hair. "Izz." He said in a raspy voice. "Your shift starts in an hour and a half."

Izzie had started working at the Hawkins community pool as a lifeguard to save up money. Because, just a few months ago, she recieved her acceptance letter to Berkeley. Steve was over the moon and incredibly proud of her, but he still wished that he could go with her. Sadly, he wasn't going off to college in the fall. His grades weren't exactly stellar, and he didn't know what he wanted to do just yet.

The girl groaned again, pulling herself closer into him. "I don't want to go. I want to stay here." She whined, looking up at him.

Using his finger to lift her chin, Steve placed a soft kiss on her forehead. "We have to get up. We both have work today."

-

Izzie had just gotten off work and was walking into starcourt mall to visit her boyfriend at Scoops Ahoy, the ice cream parlor where he was now working.

As she was walking through the mall she bumped into Victorie, Lucas, Will, Mike, and Max. "Hey slow down!" She yelled, catching up to them.

"Hey Izzie." Max smiled as the boys all waved.

"Going to visit Steve?" Victorie asked.

"Yep." She nodded. "Breaking into the movies again?"

"Yep." The kids nodded in return as they approached Scoops Ahoy. Mike walked up to the counter, hitting the service bell repeatedly.

"Hi Robin." Victorie smiled nervously.

"Hey kid."  Steve's coworker Robin greeted. "Hey dingus, your wife and kids are here!" Robin yelled back to the break room.

Steve opened the window that separated the break room from the front counter. "Again? Seriously?" The kids all just looked at him, Mike hitting the bell once again. "Alright come on." Steve sighed, letting the kids into the break room and out the service door that connected to the other various stores in the mall. "I swear if anyone hears about this!"

"We're dead!" The kids said in unison.

"Hi Robin." Izzie waved before following after Steve.

"Hi princess." Robin sarcastically replied.

"Hello love." Izzie hummed as she met Steve in the back room of Scoops Ahoy. Which, by the way, had ridiculous company uniforms that made it incredibly hard for Izzie to find Steve attractive at times.

"Hello." The boy smiled, snaking his arm around her waist. "How was your day?"

"It was alright. Billy seems to be getting some unwanted attention from the older women in town" She laughed, bringing her hand up to his face.

Steve chuckled. "I bet Blair is happy about that."

"Oh, she's furious." Izzie assured. "Their relationship is so messy it gives me a headache. Every time we hang out it's all I hear."

"Well our relationship is not a mess, so can I stop hearing about your new best friend and make out with my girlfriend?" Steve replied.

"You're so jealous of Blair it's almost funny." Izzie smiled, bring her face closer to his.

He connected their lips, pulling her in closer by the hips. He was ready to deepen this kiss, but he was interrupted when his co-worker Robin busted in.

"Gross!" Robin yelled. "Seriously Harrington?!" She continued. "How many times have I told you that this is not a private room for you and princess over here to make out in! I eat lunch in here you know!"

"Shut up Buckley." Steve groaned, pulling away from Izzie.

"Get out here and start scooping!" Robin groaned before storming out.

Steve looked at Izzie with longing eyes, wishing he could just stay. "Go. Do your job." Izzie pushed. "I'll wait back here."

Steve went out to scoop ice cream and Izzie got comfortable in the break room, pulling out a book to read as she waited. Shortly after he had left, the room went dark. She got up, walking out to be with Steve and Robin. These days, Izzie couldn't stand being alone in the dark. It always brought her back to the tunnels.

When she stepped out the door, she was met with Steve continually flipping the light switches. "That's not going to work." Robin remarked.

"Oh really?" Steve replied, flipping the switch on and off aggressively. Izzie groaned, hitting her forehead with her palm at Steve's stupidity. As the rest of the malls lights were restored, Steve flipped the switch back on and smirked. "Let there be light."

-
they're back 😍