chapter 33

you won a fight
🎶 ready for it? - taylor swift

The group sat in forced silence on top of the elevator as two Russian men entered

The group sat in forced silence on top of the elevator as two Russian men entered. Steve's hand had a grip on Izzie's as the other pressed a finger to his lip as a gesture to keep the group quiet. They listened as the car drove away, and Izzie let out a hasty whisper. "Go, go, go." She had hoped they would get out while the door was still open.

Steve jumped down, placing the container of green liquid between the elevator and the floor. They figured it must have been strong enough if Erica's banging didn't even leave a scratch. "Let's go!" Steve called. Erica went first, then Dustin, Robin, Izzie, and Steve. The blonde felt nauseous as the vile began to crack with Steve halfway out. Instinctively, She took him by the wrist and yanked him out from under the door with only seconds to spare as the door crushed the container.

The green liquid was glowing as it burned the floor, sending you smoke around them. "Still wanna drink it?" Izzie joked.

As the group peered down at the sizzling mess, Dustin turned around to see the hallway that looked at least a few miles long. "Holy mother of God." He said, causing all the other teens to turn and look down the hallway.

"Well, I hope you guys are in good shape." Steve sighed. "Looking at you roast beef." He added with a pat to Dustin's chest. He began walking and the other four contained to stare at the daunting hallway. "Let's go, come on." Steve pushed.

"Why me?" Dustin whispered to Izzie.

"He's joking." She whispered in return.

The walk was long and tiring, they had been walking for what felt like forever and the end was no where in sight. "Well you have to admit, as a feat of engineering alone, this is impressive." Dustin noted.

"What are you talking about?" The older boy replied. "It's a total fire hazard. There's no stairs, there's no exit, there's just an elevator that drops you halfway to hell."

"They're commies. If you don't pay people, they cut corners." Erica said.

"To be fair I don't think our Russian comrades designed this for walking. I mean think about it, they developed the perfect system for delivering that cargo-"

"It all comes into the mall like any old delivery." Dustin finished.

"They load up onto those trucks and nobody's the wiser." Robin sighed.

"You think they built this whole mall just so they could transport that green poison?" Steve questioned.

"Steve I don't think it's poison. If it's this top secret, it's got to be something more valuable." Izzie said.

"Like promethium or something." Dustin added.

"What's promethium?" The older boy asked.

"It's what Victor Stone's dad used to make Cyborg's bionic and cybernetic components." Robin explained.