189

"El..."

"Be quiet."

Elohim hid me in his arms. The pressure on his shoulder disappeared and breathing became much more comfortable when he hugged me.

"Let this child go."

He spoke to someone in the cave without hastily touching my leg, which was held in the soil. Kugung, the ground shook once more.

"He is not an intruder. Step back now."

The cold air that shook me came from Elohim, and at the same time, the pure white light grew stronger. Then the vines, which were holding my ankles strongly, disappeared.

At that moment, when a pure white light illuminated the dark inside of the cave, I could see it. The eyes of a creature so huge that it couldn't be described in words.

Green eyes were vertical with a pointed pupil in the centre. As Elohim's power diminished, the owner of the eyes that were hidden in darkness again let me go and hid its presence inside the cave.

"Se-hyun-ah. Can you stand up?"

"...yes."

However, contrary to the answer, my body could hardly move. Elohim looked at me for a moment and then gently lifted me up.

"I, I can walk..."

"Stay still."

He rolled his little back in the corner and put the shivering fox on his shoulder and then walked slowly.

"Let's go back."

Every time Elohim's pure white bare feet touched it, green buds sprouted from the black soil, but it withered and died in an instant. As he walked leisurely through the dark forest, there wasn't a single smile on his face.

"...I'm sorry. I came in without your permission."

"It's okay."

At that moment, Elohim's golden eyes, who looked down at me, briefly flashed.

"Se-hyun-ah, I already know that you came to save this child. Rather, I am in a position to be grateful."

"......"

"I'm sorry to bother you. It's not that I'm angry. Rather than being angry..."

Elohim couldn't finish his words with a sad face and shut his mouth.

"What is the identity of the being in the cave?"

"He is the kid who lived with us."

"Like the fox?"

"He lived before these children were born."

Elohim's face, who answered calmly, was too dark.

"He was Elahah's favourite child. That's why I couldn't possibly kill him."

"...was he different from what he is now?"

"Yeah."

As the darkness grew fainter, I could see the entrance to the forest I had entered. Auung, I heard a cat cry from afar.

"The child ate the fruit. That's how he had changed since then."

"If it's a fruit..."

"Have you not seen it before? The fruit of an apple tree."

Those words reminded me of an apple tree covered in gold and shining brilliantly. A strange fruit that charmed those who came close.

"The fruit has the power to realize the desire of the one holding it. So, it's dangerous to eat carelessly."