5

"Hmm. Taeheon-ssi... How did he look?"

"Pardon?"

As soon as I started the car, Cha Soo-yeon asked me a question.

How did he look? I'd never met him so I don't know.

Seemingly to test me, Cha Soo-yeon added, "I heard that he visited the gate in China a while ago. I was wondering if he was hurt or not."

"Aah."

...did something like that happen? Ha Tae-heon travelled abroad very often from the beginning to the end of the novel, so I couldn't remember the exact schedule. The reason he went out often was that the Roheon Guild Master took Ha Tae-heon whenever the Master travelled abroad... Of course, the guild master was a woman, as she was a character in a male novel.

I laughed softly.

"Of course. He came back in good health. It's hard to get hurt if you have the ability like Ha Tae-heon seonbaenim."

"It is. I heard that he went with the Roheon Guild Master."

"Ah?"

It was then that I realized the meaning hidden in the question.

"Um, I think... Ha Tae-heon seonbaenim seems to think of Master as just a good leader. You get what I mean, right?"

"Really?"

"Yes. Honestly, sharing personal feelings with the boss is a bit... It's not easy, is it? It's not bad though. It just doesn't seem like it would be easy to choose someone to date with Ha Tae-heon seonbaenim's personality."

"Does it look like that?"

"Because he's so serious."

At my words, Cha Soo-yeon blushed slightly and smiled. Her expression was much brighter than before. Apparently, Cha Soo-yeon was very concerned about Ha Tae-heon's departure to China with the Roheon Master.

Well, that was only natural. Even if you said it was for work, the fact remained that he still went abroad with another woman. As if she had gained confidence at my words, Cha Soo-yeon clenched her fist and made a determined expression. What are you determined to do?

The car pulled out of the suburbs and started driving down to the quiet road. While I was driving, I continued the conversation so that Cha Soo-yeon did not have any doubts. It was very easy. If it was related to Ha Tae-heon, Cha Soo-yeon listened to me with her twinkling eyes.

About an hour after we got in the car, I looked out the window to see if Cha Soo-yeon had finally become anxious. I smiled awkwardly, pretending to be embarrassed.

"It's a restaurant that has recently become famous through a TV show, but it's a bit far away. I'm sorry. Are you bored?"

"No. It's okay."

"We will be arriving soon though. About ten minutes left."

Even if Cha Soo-yeon felt something was strange, she wouldn't be able to make a hasty judgment. The restaurant was marked on the GPS and I shared various information about Ha Tae-heon. As I expected, Cha Soo-yeon only nodded her head, and she didn't ask any questions.

The car drove without stopping and arrived at the restaurant. I said to Cha Soo-yeon, turning off the navigation system that said we had arrived at our destination.

"Just a moment, please. There is a parking lot behind the building, so I will park there first."

I kept driving the car, looking around, pretending to find a parking lot. When I passed the restaurant and came to the real "destination" about 50m away, I stopped the car.