159

"We are destined to be born and die with this world."

Elohim, who led me to the sofa opposite Elahah, sat on the diagonal sofa and opened his mouth.

"As much as I have lived for a long time, neither Elahah nor I have any regrets in life, but the end of the world is another matter."

"You mean the world is dying?"

"Right. Very fast."

As Elohim waved his hand once in the air, the empty teacup filled with light green tea itself.

"The reason is that you, Se-hyun-ah, are also involved."

Biting my lip, I lowered my head.

"I came into Han Yi-gyeol's body... that the world became strange? So did the gate change too?"

"About half the answer is correct."

Elohim, who kindly pushed the teacup in front of me, drank the tea.

"The balance was a little off when you came. That's why the speed towards the end of the world has become a little bit faster. But that's all. Even if it wasn't for you, the world was going to die anyway."

"...is that true?"

"Yeah. So you don't have to feel guilty about gate anomalies anymore, kid. The gate must have changed anyway."

I felt something heavy on my shoulder disappeared. I exhaled slowly, rising from the depths.

"The real reason the world has become like this is something else."

At those words, Elahah, who had been lying still until now, slowly opened his eyes.

"The name of the cause is 'Kali' (칼리). She was once our beloved family, but now..."

Elohim, who couldn't finish his words and closed his lips, looked at me after a moment of silence and smiled.

"I think it will be a long story. If you're tired, should we continue after waking up?"

"No. I'm fine."

I took a sip of tea as I watched Elahah get up.

"Please tell me."

"If you say so."

Elohim and Elahah's eyes met for a brief moment. Elohim put down the teacup he was holding and started explaining.

"I and Elahah were born and awakened at the same time."

* * *

Elohim and Elahah were born and awakened at the same time. They instinctively realized that each other was as precious as their lives, and later called it 'family'.

The two lived a very long time. Many people met them, parted, and died. Wars were constantly taking place and leaders were constantly changing.

People killed or loved each other. Watching it from close or far away, Elohim and Elahah were gripped by a fundamental question.

What is eternal life? How much is it really worth? A famous monarch dreamed of eternal life and devoted his whole life to searching for immortality, on the contrary, Elohim and Elahah thought that it was more meaningful to have an end.

"Human beings are beautiful."

A ballerina who had been dancing all her life until her legs were broken, a painter who was blind and didn't let go of the painting. And Elohim, who had seen so many people risking their lives to save their loved ones, murmured.

"I'm jealous."

Elahah opened his eyes that had been closed. The book floating in front of him was filled with the last page.