He glares at me and I return the favour, trying not to let my eyes drift to his exposed abs or the joggers that are loosely hanging off his hips.

He rolls his eyes and grunts at me to move as he passes me and heads to the fridge. 

"Done!" Harper exclaims, looking proud as she admires the finished cannolis on the tray. I feel two pairs of eyes boring into my back as I plate up the pastries, Lucian and Emilio probably analysing every move I make.

I hand the plate to Harper and she walks them over to the coffee table where all the boys are currently surrounding.

I take it as the perfect time to slink back to my room, being able to sense when I'm not wanted. 

"Where are you going?" Harper frowns, causing everyone to snap their heads towards me. "Erm back to the room," I reply, shifting towards the door.

"Nonsense! You pretty much did all the work you should try one," She encourages, her mouth full of pastry as she pats the spot next to her.

"It's alright I'm not hungry," I lie. I'm actually starving but even the thought of eating makes me feel sick.

"But you haven't eaten since you got here and that was like a day and a half ago," She mumbles, sharing a secret glance with the boys around the sofa as if they're speaking without saying anything.

"Fine I'll try one," I say, not wanting to prolong this conversation any further. I plop down next to Harper as they resume their conversation, feeling out of place as I sit amongst them.

The way they talk, like they've known each other for a lifetime fills me with a sense of melancholy I wasn't expecting to feel.

It brings me back to a time where I had friends, friends that would have done anything for me and I would have done anything for them but I gave it all up for a man who didn't give a shit about me.

"Serenaaa," Harper drags out, trying to grab my attention. "Yeah?" I reply, snapping out of my thoughts.

"You didn't like it?" She questions, eyeing the pastry I took two nibbles out of. "I do," I nod, taking another bite and ignoring the queasy feeling it's giving me.

Their attention eventually shifts off me and towards the tv screen so I decide to go back to my room. I make it there without any accosting from the others and collapse onto the bed.

I sigh, tracing my ribs that are starting to poke out ever so slightly. This week in captivity may not seem so bad to others but for me it feels like an eternity.

I don't have much time left so the thought of not going out and experiencing things for a whole week fills me with a sense of dread and anxiety, as if I'm wasting a large chunk of my life.

I lay in my room for hours, not touching the books Harper left here or the Nintendo switch she said she'd let me borrow. I just stare at the sage wall, my body curled into the foetal position as I let it finally rest.

Sure going out everyday to adventure the streets of Italy is fun but it's also very draining so maybe this week will do me some good.

The sound of chatter faded out hours ago, the house now silent as the sun begins setting outside.

"Serena," A voice questions as I remain curled up on top of the covers. My eyes drift down, coming eye to eye with Emilio who's standing in the doorway.

He's wearing black joggers with a matching black top, the short sleeves clinging to his large biceps.

"Yeah?" I mumble lazily, slowly sitting up.

He stands over me, his arms crossed. "You need to eat while you're here," He states, eyeing the two untouched trays of food that have been left in my room throughout the day.

I stay silent, not having time to think of a good response to this. I want to eat but it's only possible during random windows of time where I don't feel nauseous and I don't exactly feel like explaining that to this stranger.

"I'm not hungry," I mumble after not being able to stand the silence any longer. He looks at me skeptically, trying to read me.

"Harper get's worried about stuff like this," He sighs. "Where is she? I'll tell her I'm fine," I ask, not wanting her to worry about me.

"They're all at a movie right now," He replies. "You can come eat dinner out here," He says, motioning for me to come with him.

Feeling hungry, I give in and decide to follow him but when I stand up I immediately sit back down, a wave of dizziness hitting me.

"And that's what happens when you don't eat all day," He snorts, his hand grasping my arm as he pulls me to my feet effortlessly.

He helps me through the hallway until the dizziness eventually passes and I immediately create distance between the two of us.

"So why didn't you go to the movie with the rest of them?" I question, trying to draw his attention away from the fact that his hand on my arm caused my hairs to raise.

"Well someone had to make sure you weren't here plotting our murder," He replies somewhat sarcastically.

"Ah because I'm sure I could take down all five of you," I snort as we enter the kitchen. "Well with those muscles you never know," He smirks, nodding towards my tiny stick like arms.

I find myself laughing and mentally slap myself, realising I'm not supposed to show any weakness around these men. He pulls out some pots and pans as I grip the kitchen counter, still feeling dizzy. 

"Sit down I'll make you something," He instructs, looking me in the eye.