Chapter 38

September 7th, 1995
*Myra's POV*

Me and Michael arrived in New York yesterday, we flew over here with his private Jet.
We are now in our hotel room, getting ready for tonight's event: the MTV Awards 1995.

I just finished getting ready in the bathroom, and when I walked out I noticed Michael was already all dressed up. And god... that outfit, that haircut I made him... he looks so good! He was wearing black jeans, a black leather jacket, and some golden details on his knees:

 he looks so good! He was wearing black jeans, a black leather jacket, and some golden details on his knees:

I literally couldn't stop starring at him, I was left speechless. He noticed and giggled, snapping me back to reality.

"What?" I asked, while he walked closer to me and pecked my lips.
"You look stunning." he whispered, looking down at my outfit. It was nothing special, really, I was wearing some simple black leather pants, a black turtleneck long sleeve paired with some boots, and to finish off I am going to wear a black leather jacket as well. My hair softly curled.
"Thank you, well, you look stunning too!" I replied making him giggle once again.

Right when he was about to lean in to kiss me, someone knocked on the door.

"Mr. Jackson? The car is ready!" Bill said from behind the door, I sighed.
"Let's go." he said smiling at me, I grabbed my jacket and locked our hands while walking outside.

Bill and his other securities escorted us outside, and there was a sea of people at the main entrance of the Hotel, it's almost impossible to get out.

"We'll have to take the back exit." Bill said, and Michael agreed. Bill then quickly called his co-worker, another security of Michael which is going to drive the car, and told him to move the car to the back exit.

Once we finally made it to the car, they escorted us where the Event is going to take place - the Radio City Music Hall.
His sister Janet is also going to be there, since they both got nominations for their music video 'Scream'. I have never met Janet before, so tonight's going to be the first time.

Once we arrived, we stepped out of the car and started walking towards the entrance hand in hand. Paparazzi's of course took tons of photos of us, they also asked tons of questions but we ignored them like usual.
Shortly after we made our way inside, and Michael started greeting some of the people he knew, and even introduced me to them.
After all the greeting, we finally arrived to our seats in front row, and a girl - which I suppose is Janet - stood up and ran towards us, hugging Michael. He chuckled.

"Janet, this is Myra. Myra, this is my little sister Janet." he said once they stepped back, she looked at me and smiled brightly.
"Hi Janet nice to me-" I started, but she interrupted me with a hug, I was completely catched off guard and it clearly surprised me, but I hugged her back.
"Finally I get to meet you, Myra. I've heard a lot about you." she softly said in her fine voice.
"Really? Well, yea, because of the press I guess." I replied once she stepped back, and she giggled.
"Uh no, not only because of that, I mean I don't watch that garbage. My older brother talked a lot about you, since the first day you two met, and when he told me about his feelings for you I have been praying to God that you two end up together. And when you did, I was so happy!" she said excitedly, making me giggle. I then looked over at Michael and he was blushing, clearly embarrassed.
"Well, thank you for hoping that we would end up together." I replied, smiling brightly at her. She nodded.

When we turned around to take a seat, I noticed that a few seats away from ours, there was Lisa-Marie. She gave us an angry and cold look, and immediately looked away. I didn't know she was going to be here...

*Michael's POV*

I noticed that Lisa-Marie was also there, and I tried hard to avoid her, praying to God that nothing bad is going to happen tonight. This is the first time that Myra appears with me on a public event, and I don't want the press to sell even more junk and more make-up-stories about the three of us.

Soon enough, the Event started.
All the nominees has been presented, and me and Janet also got nominated for our music Video 'Scream'.
After a while, our names got announced and 'Scream' won the titles for Best Dance Video, Best Choreography In A Video and Best Art Direction in a Video.

We both stood up and walked up on the stage, thanking everyone, I then hugged Janet.
She grabbed the Award and handed it over to me.
We then couldn't decide who of the two of us would start talking, but I told her to go first.

"I uhm..." she started, but the crowd won't stop applauding and enchanting, "I-I just wanna thank, uhm, everyone who voted... Mtv, thank all the fans, we love you so much.. and.. thank mark manic the director, my wonderful brother Mike.. you kicked ass, I'm sorry not opening, you kicked ass, i'm sorry..." she said and in the end we both laughed at the last phrase she said. "And thank all the fans, thank god, thank you very much." she added and finished her speech. The entire crowd applauded and enchanted again. It was now my turn...

I walked closer to the microphone, and leaned in to talk.

"Thank you very much... uhm..." I started and everyone started applauding again, "my favourite thing about doing this Scream Video is, it was really an excuse to work with my sister Janet." I said, and everyone applauded again. I looked at the audience and smiled brightly, looking over at my little sister who was shyly smiling as well. "Because I truly adore her, she's one of the sweetest people in the world... thank you... Mark Romanek, all the choreographers, uhm ... I love you all and the public, MTV, Sony, everybody, bye." I finally said and grabbed the award lifting it up, everyone applauded again and we finally made it back to our seats.

Once I made my way back, Myra stood up still applauding for us and hugged me, pecking my lips afterwards. She also hugged Janet and congratulated us both.

At some point, it was time for my performance, and I have prepared a Medley, which I already rehearsed with my crew. It's a Medley that includes Don't Stop Til You Get Enough/The Way You Make Me Feel/Scream/Beat It/Black Or White/Billie Jean/Dangerous/You Are Not Alone.

Once it was time for the last song - You Are Not Alone - I pointed at Myra and smiled brightly. I could see how she started blushing, and that was incredibly adorable.
I also noticed how Lisa kept giving Myra angry and cold looks, and I wasn't liking what I was seeing... if she keeps doing that I might have a chat with her.

As soon as my performance was over, I bowed and thanked the audience, before getting back into my clothes and walking back to my seat, next to Myra. When the Event was over, we both walked out hand in hand, making our way back to the car. I haven't seen Lisa around, so I wasn't able to talk to her, and maybe it's better this way.
My securities then escorted us back to the Hotel.