Chapter 14

March 14th, 1994
*Myra's POV*

This is my third week since I started working in the kindergarten again, and god... how I missed it being here. I missed being around the children, I missed this place.
Yes, I'm a workaholic, I can't help it. This job means everything to me, the children are my entire life.

Annie promised that she would never leave me alone again, she'll look forward on scheduling doctor appointments after we finished with our work, which is good... I am scared to get back into the kitchen now, since the incident that happened last time.
Fortunately, the kids weren't afraid at all, they were just as happy to be back as me.

Things between me and Michael were doing great, he didn't get suspicious at all which means that I was playing my role good. The question is... how long can I last while playing this game?

"Mwyra?" a little girl asked me, snapping me back to reality. I looked at her and forced a smile, while bending down so that I could face her.
"What wrong baby?" I asked softly,
"Where is Mwichael?" she asked, I smiled.
"He's busy with his work..." I replied, and she immediately pouted her lips.
"But I want to see him!" she then said and crossed her tiny arms.
"When are we going back to Neverland?" a little boy asked, I now had every child's attention.
"Uhmm... soon, I promise we are going back there soon, it's just... Michael needs to repair some rides and carousels, so that it's more safe for you!" I said, hoping that they'll believe it, and thankfully they did.
"Can you tell him that we miss him?" they asked, I smiled brightly.
"Of course, I will." I replied.

Around 4;30 p.m. like usual, the parents came to pick up their children, while me and Annie said our goodbyes and left to go back home.
When I arrived, Tala wasn't there yet. I sighed.

I then made my way to my room, changed into more comfortable clothes, and walked to the kitchen to prepare dinner. Soon I heard knocking on the door... who could that be?
I admit that a part of me, was hoping that it was Michael. But as soon as I opened the door I noticed that it was Javon - one of Michael's bodyguards - and he wasn't wearing the black suit that he usually wears while working.

"Javon? What are you doing here?" I asked confused,
"Uhmm... am I disturbing you?" he asked,
"No, not at all, I was just cooking some dinner.." I replied honestly,
"Okay... well, uhm... I just stepped by and wanted to ask you if.. if maybe you, uhh... would like to hang out?" he asked in a shaky voice before flashing me a shy smile. Was he asking me out? Did Michael know that he was here now? I mean... don't get me wrong, he's a good looking  man, he just isn't my ... my type. But trying doesn't hurt anybody, right?
"Uhm... sure. Would you like to stay for dinner? And maybe later we could go for a walk or something like that..." I asked, he smiled brightly.
"I'd love to... thank you." he replied and stepped inside.

I then walked him to the kitchen, so that I could keep cooking, while we started chatting, getting to know each other.
Soon, Tala came home from work, and she was surprised to see a man in our house. I ended up introducing them to one another, and I could tell how she was drooling over him.

We then had dinner, and talked and joked around together, all three of us.
After we were done, I rushed to my room and changed again, before leaving the apartment with Javon and going for a walk.
He kept asking me questions about me and I asked questions about him. He seems like a good guy, he's nice and kind and fun to have around... but I only had one person in my mind during all this time: Michael.

"And how long have you been working in the kindergarten?" he asked,
"Three years now. What about you? How long have you been working as Michael's security?" I replied,
"Oh, for many many years..." he said and released a giggle.

He then started telling me the story, how it all started and how it was in the beginning, working as Michael's security.

*Michael's POV*

I was now laying in bed, Lisa Marie cuddled upon my chest. She fell asleep right after we shared an intimate moment... I was still awake and couldn't fall asleep, I was longing to hear Myra's voice. We haven't talked over the phone today, and I was starting to miss her.

So I decided to slowly sneak out of bed, quickly put my clothes back on and grabbed my phone, before leaving my bedroom and walking downstairs.
I digit her number and started calling, waiting for her to pick up... thank god it wasn't that late yet.

"Hello?" she said as she finally picked up,
"Hey Myra... it's me, sorry for calling so late I was... busy." I replied,
"Hey Applehead, don't worry, it's okay... I've been busy too." she said,
"How was your day? What were you up to?" I asked as I walked into my office, and sat down on my desk.
"It was good, the children in kindergarten were asking about you... they miss you." she then replied and released a giggle, I smiled widely.
"Really? Aw, I miss them too. I could come by anytime soon." I said,
"They would love it. I also had a visit earlier... it kind of surprised me." she replied,
"Who was that?" I asked curiously,
"Javon." she said, my smile quickly disappeared and I furrowed my brows.
"Javon? My security?" I asked,
"Mhm..." she simply said,
"What did he want?" I asked again, clearly surprised. Why would my security go visit Myra without telling me?
"Uhm... he wanted to... hang out." she said and chuckled. I don't know why, but I felt a tightening feeling in my stomach.. my hands were now balled in two fists.
"H-hang out? Like... a date?" I asked in a serious tone,
"Yea, I think..." she replied,
"And you agreed?" I asked once again,
"It would be rude to say no, Mr. Jackson." she teased.

Right when I was about to reply, the door of my office opened and Lisa stepped inside, still sleepy.

"Baby? Who are you talking to?" she mumbled,

"You better go... don't let her wait. I'll hear you tomorrow, goodnight Mike." Myra quickly said and hung up. I sighed before turning around to face Lisa, who now was one inch away from me.
"Was that Myra?" she asked,
"Yea... come on, let's go to sleep." I said while walking her back upstairs.

For the entire night, I couldn't sleep. I couldn't stop thinking about Myra and Javon... why would she agree to hang out with him? And why would he go visit her without telling me? And why do I even care?