Chapter 10

February 5th, 1994
*Myra's POV*

Since the day of the incident I couldn't get back to work. The entire building of the kindergarten was getting reconstructed, since it was all destroyed.
The work should be finished by the end of the month, until then we are all staying at home.

That day, Michael stayed with me the entire day.
Every day he would step by at my place and check on me. No one has ever cared so much about me... I am not used to all of this.

Today is Saturday, and I didn't feel like going out, so I stayed at home and Tala did too.
Actually, it has been a couple of days now since I have last seen or heard Michael. I guess he's just busy with his work.

Me and Tala were now sitting on the sofa, and she was going through a couple of channels on the TV, trying to find something that we could watch.
All of a sudden, she stopped at the News Channel, and there was a photo of Michael with... who is that?

"The King Of Pop was spotted on a date with Lisa-Marie Presley, the two look really happy together !"

The lady in the TV said, before showing the photo again.

I felt how my stomach got tightened when I saw that picture

He never told me that he was dating Lisa-Marie Presley.

Tala looked at me with a worried look, while I simply sat there, my eyes locked on the TV, sucking my teeth. She then turned the TV off and looked at me.

"You okay?" she asked, that's when I finally looked at her and forced a smile.
"Sure." I replied.

That was a lie... I felt heartbroken. I felt like I just got shot ...
It can't be, right? I am not falling for my best friend... right?! There ain't no way!

"Are you sure? You don't look okay." she said, I sighed.
"Tala! I said I'm okay!" I replied almost yelling,
"Okay I'm sorry.. I'm just worried about you." she said almost whispering,
"Why would you be worried? There is nothing to worry about! He's dating someone, he's happy, that's all that matters." I spitted before standing up and walking to the kitchen, to grab something to drink.
"Myra... why wouldn't you admit that you fell for him?" she replied while following me to the kitchen.
"Tala, stop. I am not." I hissed, she rolled her eyes and left, leaving me standing alone in the kitchen.

That's when a tear finally rolled down my cheek, but I immediately wiped it away. So I was right... he doesn't have feelings for me. I'm just a friend. Stupid Myra, to think that he could have feelings for you. Yes, I'm probably falling for him, but I can't tell anyone. That wouldn't be right.

*Michael's POV*

Yesterday night I went out with Lisa-Marie, and today there were photos of us everywhere on the news.
I have always had feelings for her, and yesterday we finally got the chance to get out on a date.

I remember how sad and heartbroken I felt when she got married, I wanted her to marry me instead. And now, it seems like it's finally about time.
There is just one thing that I forgot... Myra.
I haven't told her about my date with Lisa, and she has probably just seen the photos everywhere.

So I immediately grabbed my phone and called her.
I haven't seen her or talked with her in a few days, and I felt extremely bad for that. I don't want her to think, that now that I am dating someone, that she is less important to me. She is important for me, she is the one who made me smile again in a very long time. She is my best friend.

After a few seconds she finally picked up,

"Hello?" she said, I smiled brightly when I heard her voice,
"Myra? God I missed your voice." I replied,
"Michael? Hi..." she said, she sounded different though.
"Is everything okay?" I asked worried,
"Oh, yes, everything's perfectly fine. How about you? I've seen that you are really happy." she then said, and that just confirmed that she has seen the photos.
"You've seen the photos, right?" I asked before releasing a sigh,
"Mhm... well, it's everywhere over the news." she replied almost whispering,
"Myra, I'm so sorry I didn't tell you..." I then said,
"Michael, it's okay. You don't have to tell me everything. If you are happy , so am I." she replied, I gulped. She didn't sound happy though.
"Thank you, Myra... tell me, how are you doing? Have you heard about the reconstruction of the kindergarten?" I asked,
"Yes, they should be finished around the end of the month." she replied, and so we started chatting about it and other stuff.

After a while of talking, we ended the phone call. Soon I heard knocking on the door.

"Come in." I said out loud, that's when a maid came in.
"Mr. Jackson, Mrs. Presley is here." she said, I nodded.
"Let her in." I replied, she nodded and bowed. Once Lisa-Marie stepped inside the maid left and closed the door. She walked closer to me and smiled brightly, before pecking my lips.
"Hi baby." she whispered onto my lips,
"Hi." I whispered back before pecking her lips as well.
"Are you okay?" she asked worried, I was feeling a little bit upset, I felt like I have disappointed Myra. I want to show her how much she still means to me. I want to show her that I still care about her even though I am now dating someone.
"Uh yes, I'm just worried over a good friend of mine... actually, she's my best friend." I replied,
"Who is it? Do I know her?" she asked confused,
"No, you don't know her. But once you get to know her you'll love her. She's amazing. We are so similar..." I explained and smiled like an idiot while thinking about Myra.
"And why are you worried about her?" she then asked,
"Because ... I feel like I disappointed her. I didn't tell her about us, and usually we always talk about everything... I don't want her to think that she is less important now that I'm dating you." I said, that's when she smiled brightly. "What?" I asked,
"That's what I love the most about you, you always care about others. Why don't you invite her for dinner? I could get to know her and explain to her that it wasn't your fault." she replied, I was surprised.
"You would do that for me?" I asked, she smiled and nodded. "U-uhm... sure, I'll call her and ask if she wants to come." I added, "thank you, Lisa. It means a lot to me." I said smiling at her. She then leaned in to peck my lips.
"Anything for you. Let me know what she says, see you later baby. I love you." she then replied before walking out of my office.

I took a deep breath before calling Myra once again, this time it took longer for her to answer, but thank god she did.

"Hello?" she said,
"Myra? It's me again... hey uhm, I was wondering... would you like to come to Neverland for dinner with me and Lisa tonight? You could get to know her... it would mean a lot for me." I said nervously,
"Oh, Uhmm..." she replied,
"Please?" I begged and sucked my teeth,
"Okay, I'll do it for you." she said and sighed, I smiled brightly. "When do you want me to be there?" she then asked,
"How about at 8 ?" I said,
"Okay, I'll be there." she replied,
"Thank you, maganda." I whispered and smiled like an idiot.
"Anything for you, applehead..." she whispered back, that's when my heart skipped a beat. We then said our goodbyes and ended the phone call.