09 | ray

CHAPTER 09
ray
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

There's days that you don't want to do anything but just do it because you have to, and there's days that you absolutely don't want to do anything even though you have to. And the second one is you with your English tutoring today, especially after this morning.

"Hey, Rye, are you ready?" Chan asks as he walks up to you after your last class.

Everyone is looking at you. Some people are whispering things behind your back. Because why would you be spending time with the hottie, Bahng Christopher? People don't understand. All you want to do is shout at them that you don't even want to be near him and that you only have to, but they're not worth your energy.

You ignore Chan's words and walk away from him. He rolls his eyes and walks after you, his hands in the pockets of his jeans. "You don't have to ignore me, Rye."

"I really don't want to be around you right now," you say, walking out of the building. "So please don't talk to me. And stop calling me Rye, I literally told you hundreds of times before."

He rolls his eyes at your behaviour but chooses to ignore it. He already knows a little of how you can be. "Will a coffee make you less angry?"

You stop in track, making Chan walk against your back. You stumble forward, but he wraps his arms around your waist to keep you on your feet. The sudden touch of his arms around your waist makes you feel warm inside, but soon that vanishes and your mind wanders to his question again.

As he has you balanced again, Chan lets go of you with a sigh. "Damn, didn't see that coming."

You turn around. "Coffee?"

He nods and chuckles as he sees your surprised, yet excited face. "Yeah, coffee. Listen, I know I was being a dick to you this morning, but you just make it so easy sometimes. Let's get some coffee and get back to my dorm for tutoring, alright?"

You roll your eyes at the last sentence and push him to the side, then continuing to walk towards the café where Jisoo works at. "You're paying," you say as he starts to walk next to you.

"Sure," Chris says with a shrug. "I was guessing so anyway."

The two of you enter the café a few seconds later. Your eyes lit up when you see one of your best friends. You smile at her and walk up to the counter. "Hi, Jisoo! Can I get a–"

"Large iced caramel macchiato? Of course, Riles."

She ticks it in on the register with a wink to you. When you and her first met, Jisoo had a huge crush on you. But that soon vanished when she realized you weren't even into girls, and turned out not to be her type anyway.

She then notices Chan. "Ah, Chris. You're here too? Interesting." She looks from Chris towards you, eyeing him and you. Are you two friendly? She never knows what's going on between you and him. She knows you hate Chris, but does he hate you too? Robin and Minjoo say he doesn't, and to her that seems to be true.

The brunette nods and steps forward. "I'd like a chai latte, please. Large one." He grabs his card. "You can add it to Riley's order, I'm paying."

She frowns. "You are paying?"

Meanwhile as Jisoo and Chan talk, you spot your friends Alaska, Mari, and Mya in the corner sitting with some drinks as well. You smile and make your way over to them, leaving Chris alone at the counter.

Chris shrugs at Jisoo as he hears you walk away. "I pissed her off this morning, so I think I kinda owe her one. And otherwise she wouldn't agree to come with me and get this tutoring started, and I need her to because she has to pass that test."