03 | gleam

CHAPTER 03
gleam
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

After a long day of classes, the bell of the last class finally rings. You sigh tiredly, happy that you can finally chill out. You wanted to watch that Jujutsu Kaisen movie in the cinema, and today seems like the perfect day. Just you, some popcorn, and other anime fans in the room.

You groan as you remember you have your first tutor session today. Chris mentioned he was picking you up from your last class, which is this one.

Guess no movie for you.

Oh that's so upsetting. You really want to chill out. Today was such a long day of filming and having lectures, you really need a break. But no, there's more English on your schedule.

"Ah, your boy is waiting for you," Jisoo says with a smirk as she nudges your shoulder. She is picking up Robin and Minjoo from your classes since they were going to hang out after class.

"Get out," you hiss, eyeing Chris who's standing outside the lecture hall. He's wearing black, ripped jeans, a black hoodie (naturally), and some boots. His hair is tugged under a black cap, and his backpack is hanging loosely over one shoulder. Hot.

You mean, ew. Christopher Bahng, yuk! Not attractive or your type at all.

"Ah, it's so fun to say those things," Jisoo says with a laugh. She smiles and walks after you as you get out of the lecture hall.

"Hey, Rye," Chris says as he sees you. He puts his phone in the pocket of his jeans and smiles a little.

"Don't call me that," you say as you look away from him annoyed. "Can we hurry? There's a movie I want to catch later tonight and you're keeping me from watching it in cinema."

He shrugs, "It's not my fault you're failing English."

You snap your head towards him, seeing him smirk. "Come on, let's get to my dorm. We can have our first session there."

"Aw, have fun!" Jisoo cooes, placing her hands together and watching you as you walk away with Chris. You flip her off, getting as much space between you and Chris as possible.

"She's so annoying."

"She's kinda funny," he says. He turns his head to look at you. "Jisoo is her name, right?"

"Yeah, whatever," you mumble. You walk next to him in silence, many thoughts running through your mind about how much you don't want to have a tutor session with him right now.

Not much later you and Chris arrive at his dorm. He lets you inside, and soon the smell of boys fill your nostrils. Yuck.

"Sorry about the mess, Changbin was supposed to take out the trash and clean the living room but I guess he slept in again," he explains. He walks towards the window and opens it, letting some fresh air into the dorm so the smell will go away.

"You want something to drink? Or a snack?"

"No," you answer, but Chris grabs a bag of chips and some Sprite anyway.

He leads you to his room, which is pretty clean to your surprise. It's a regular dorm, one just like you have, but it's all neat. There's no trash anywhere, his clothes are all tucked away in his closet, and his desk looks clean too. There's not even a single thing out of place. Maybe he cleaned it?

Chan grabs the extra chair from the corner of his room and places it next to the other one. He takes a seat on the extra chair, motioning for you to sit on his desk chair. You do so and grab your books. Maybe if you start as soon as possible you can get out of there and watch the movie.