06 | phosphorescence

CHAPTER 06
phosphorescence
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

It's another one of those days, a day where you're at Chris his dorm, him teaching you how to speak, read, or write in English.

And it's one of those days that he's so damn annoying, that he pisses you off so much. And that's exactly why you're yelling at him about how mad he makes you.

Maybe it is the fact that it is the time of the month so your feelings are a little all over the place, but it might also be the many snarky comments Chris made that got you yelling at him.

You fire all these words at him, telling him how much of an asshole he is, and how much you just want to punch that pretty face of his. You tell him how much you want to throw him out of the window, how you never want to see him again, and how much you just want to quit university because of this stupid language. Everything bad you can think about, is coming his way.

He looks at you amused as the words are spoken from your mouth. He never knew this much swear words existed, but he's amazed by every single one of them that comes out of your mouth.

When you've finally calmed down a little and you're not yelling anymore, Chris crosses his arms and puts a grin around his face.

"So, Rye. You think I have a pretty face?"

You groan at his comment. If you were in a cartoon, you're sure steam is coming from your ears. That's how mad you are at him. That's how annoyed he makes you.

You hate him, you truly do.

"Did you even listen to anything I just said to you?" you ask.

He shrugs. "I did, you've got a big vocabulary of swear words. Only I don't really care what you have to say about me. I know I was right, you have to try harder if you want to pass English. I'm right and you know it too."

"You're so inconsiderate."

"And you know I'm right. Ready to study again? You won't pass this class if you don't study, Nakano."

Oh, you hate how good your name sounds coming from his lips. You hate how it makes your heart skip a beat, and you hate that you find him attractive. You hate everything about him. You hate him and his stupid, gorgeously handsome face. You hate his grin, you hate his fluffy hair, and you hate how much you want him.

Chris takes a seat on the chair and looks at you, motioning for you to sit down as well. There's a cocky smile around his face.

You really want to punch him.

He truly is so annoying.

"I think some things will come easier if you just give in. You're fighting this way too much. If you would just work along with me, we might even end up teaching you enough English that you might even like the language."

He shrugs at his own words and gets back to your textbooks. "But that's all up to you. I won't go, because I want my extra credits. I don't care if you pass or not, I just want to get out of these classes and you're the key. So, darling, please work with me so you can pass this class."

You scoff at his words. Asshole.

He's such an asshole. And that's another one of those things that you hate about him, how big of an asshole he is, and how hot you think it is. It makes you blood boil, but you like it. It makes you hate him even more, but that makes you want to be around him even more. You hate it. You hate it so incredibly much, because it means your friends were right. They were right about the fact you want to spend more time with him. But not because of you liking to spend time with him because he might not be so bad, but because he is so bad, so annoying. So annoyingly hot.

You don't want to think those things, but you just do. And you hate to say it, to even think like that. It makes you confused, annoyed at yourself, even. Why do you think something of him? Why is this asshole attractive to you? There is nothing to like. Nothing.

But then, at the same time, it's everything about him that you like.

And you hate to admit it. You hate how your friends were right, how they knew that you would like him, how they knew that you're down bad for him. For Bahng Christopher, the guy you might hate the most in the entire universe.

Life sure knows how to throw surprises at you, huh?

You scoff at your own thoughts about the guy and you make your way over to him, sitting down on the chair and focusing on the textbook laying on the desk. You feel your cheeks being warm from the anger you felt earlier.

Chris turns his head to look at you, his big brown eyes staring at you as you read the words on the page in your textbook. A small smile creeps around his lips, his mind wandering somewhere different than the English you have to do.

To him, you're absolutely gorgeous. The way your tongue slightly sticks out when you're concentrating on the words in the book, it makes him smile in awe. He's noticed you do it quite a lot. Whenever you realise your tongue is sticked out, you close your mouth in embarrassment. He always acts like he doesn't see it, but he does, and he likes it. A lot.

But that isn't the only thing he likes about you. It's the way you move, how you know what you want, and the fact you're not afraid for a fight. You will fight him, or anyone else, in every chance you get. You won't back out of a fight, and Chris admires that. He likes how determined you are when it comes to your work. Not on English though, but anything else you do, you're incredibly good at. He likes to see it when you work on your projects, which he does sometimes during classes. He might have a little crush.

And everyone around him notices it. His roommates, Changbin, Han, and Hyunjin; they all see how he lights up for a split second whenever you're mentioned or walk by. But that excitement vanishes as soon as it comes, acting like he has no interest in you. But his friends know how much he actually does care about you. For some reason.

And not only his friends notice, your friends do to. They can see Chris likes you more than he acts like he does. Why he's being like this, no one knows, but it's noticeable. Just not to you, nor is it to him.

"You know staring is rude, right?" you ask softly, your voice low, but steady, and in a whisper.

Chris sits up and scoffs, him looking away from you. You give him a glance, eyeing his jawline and swallowing the lump in your throat. You focus your attention back on the book and shake your head a little. He's an asshole. You have to remind yourself of that.

The silence hits the room again. Chan turns his head back around, his red cheeks vanished. He glances at the side of your face again. He has to stop doing that, but it's so addicting. He can't help it.

He looks at his lap, his hands playing with his phone in his hands. He has to stop this nonsense. He has to stop liking you. Because if he doesn't, he's sure you'll be the death of him. And that's not something he needs, nor wants.

He just needs you to pass these classes. That's all that matters. All other feelings? Out of the window. He needs to focus on what's important, and that's his extra credit.

So, Nakano Riley... Just pass those damn tests. Just so Chris can skip his English classes. Because that way, you two have to never see each other again.

And that's exactly what each of you want, right?

...

Right.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

author's note~

i love this chapter \(^o^)/ no idea why, it's just good to me lmao. makes me actually proud of my writing for once