Chapter 27

Lee Ah Eun exited Jay's bedroom upstairs and headed downstairs. Fortunately, as she walked down the stairs, she sniffed her nose and detected a lovely aroma. But simply the smell made her want to go find out where it was coming from.

She eventually went through the kitchen. She spotted Jay cooking passionately. The food he was preparing looked great. He appeared so preoccupied and busy that he didn't notice she was observing him.

She was honestly shocked to see him cooking; she had no idea he had such a gift. To be more specific, she was astounded by him.

He was genuinely captivating, despite the fact that he was only cooking. And she knew it, she won't deny it. He is indeed handsome.

"Oh, Ah Eun-ah," he called, finally noticing her as he smiled.

And so, she started to walk towards him. Enjoying to smell the dish while he's still continuing what he's doing.

"Have a seat," he gently said and she obeyed. She sat on the kitchen island's seat while he's at the front cooking.

He was wearing an apron with his sleeves rolled up to his elbow, which made him loom more appealing, especially because his hair was brushed up and fixed, which she observed.

She didn't say anything but stood there watching him. Ah Eun is feeling so new yet unfamiliar right now, and she realized it's been a long time since she spent alone time with Jay just staring at him. Jay got taller and appeared more manly; he already has broad shoulders and a clear jaw. He grew up so well that when puberty hit him, he shined. She only recognized everything now because she was paying attention to him, like if she was studying him.

"Anyways, how's your sleep? You fell asleep gazing the glowing stars." he chuckled.

"I fell asleep?" She asked, looks like she's unaware.

"Yeah you did, if you're still sleepy, you can go back to sleep, feel free to be in my room, it's the same room I had in Seattle so just be comfortable just like before." he politely said as he's busy cooking.

While she's just staring on him, watching everything he do, she's like a kid watching her father, like being amazed, she can't even cook so she was just dazed of him.

"I love you.." she said, and that made his eyes widened, he immediately turned a look on her, he was surprised as he can't even talk, "You said that earlier, why did you say that to me?"

And he suddenly back to breathe again, he really thought that she's saying that to him but if it's real, he would totally faint, he would die out of happiness.

"Don't you get it?" He asked, trying to compose himself as he turned to face her.

"Huh?" She looked confused.

"You are my first love, I confessed before, and that's what I did earlier," he straightforwardly said.

"Are you serious?" She coldly asked.

While Jay looked confused of her now, "What? What are you talking about? Are you asking if I'm serious to say that to you?"

She nodded once, "Haven't you heard what Shin Yoora and Sato Nami said about me? Aren't you afraid finding out the truth about me?"

However, hearing that made him lose his smile, and so he turned off the stove as he's done cooking, then he transferred the dish on the plate before talking to her.

And then, he faced her as he placed down the plate on her front, "Honestly, I was shocked hearing that but there's no proof that you did that, maybe they're just mistaken or just accusing you, you can't do such a thing like that."