Untitled Part 186

Start bij het begin

On this day, it was extremely quiet outside.

Qiao-Shi opened the door and saw Ruan Siyi curled up and crooked on a chair dressed in white.

She truly wanted to laugh loudly a couple of times, but she couldn't do so at the moment.

"Lord husband, what's wrong?"

Ruan Siyi raised his eyes and looked at her with a little surprise, "Why are you still here?"

"Why wouldn't I be? This one is lord husband's wife, and naturally has to be with lord husband."

Ruan Siyi's expression was complicated. He looked at her once more, disgust flashing across his eyes before being covered up.

Qiao-Shi turned a blind eye to it, "Lord husband, where's everyone in the house?"

"They left, they all left....."

Ruan Siyi stood there soullessly before walking into his room in a daze.

.........

Ruan Siyi felt he had slept for a long time. When he opened his eyes, he saw her stocky neck and slightly kindhearted and honest expression.

"Lord husband, are you hungry?" Qiao-Shi lifted a bowl of porridge over as she spoke. "This one made some porridge."

The plain porridge exuded the sweet smell of rice. Ruan Siyi's stomach rumbled with hunger.

How long has it been since he last ate?

Before he slept, it had been over a day. He also didn't know how long he had slept for.

Qiao-Shi fed him one spoonful at a time. In his haste to swallow, he choked on the food. Qiao-Shi hurriedly put the bowl down and wipe his mouth with a handkerchief, patting his back to help him catch his breath.

Ruan Siyi saw felt her touch and wanted to shy away, but endured it.

Once he caught his breath, Qiao-Shi continued feeding him and Ruan Siyi ate silently without speaking.

"This one went and took a look in the kitchen. There was only white rice, so I could only make porridge and let lord husband suffer some grievance. But it's ok, I had Chun Tao go pawn off her jewelry. Once she gets some silver there will be tastier food at home." Qiao-Shi chattered with her head lowered, and turned a blind eye towards Ruan Siyi's complicated expression.

After he finished eating, Ruan Siyi spoke for the first time since he woke up. "You should leave. I want to sleep for a bit."

........

Ruan Siyi slept continuously for several days. During this time, his meals were all brought into his room by Qiao-Shi.

On the fifth day, Ruan Siyi finally stepped out of his room and into the courtyard. The sunlight was a little dazzling and he couldn't help but shield his eyes.

Only after a while could he see his surroundings clearly.

Qiao-Shi was sitting there plucking vegetables. Matron Chen was doing laundry and Chun Tao was fetching water from the well.

He had never seen this side of Qiao-Shi, who sat on the low stool and plucked the vegetables. Perhaps it was also because he never seriously looked at her. This was the first time he took the initiative to do so.

This was a woman he had hated a lot in the past. This was a Qiao-Shi who wore a silk garment and was doing manual labor.

Suddenly, there was violent knocking on the door. Matron Chen put the clothes in her hands down and wiped her hands before opening the doors.